1080 SLI or single 1080 Ti?

Solution
single 1080 ti for sure.
1080 ti pos, less energy consumption, less noisy, cheaper, will run smoother and give more fps in games that not optimised for SLI, better fps/$ performance.
1080 sli pos, will give more fps by up to 40% in optimised games. (also make sure u have powerful cpu to handle it)

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016
single 1080 ti for sure.
1080 ti pos, less energy consumption, less noisy, cheaper, will run smoother and give more fps in games that not optimised for SLI, better fps/$ performance.
1080 sli pos, will give more fps by up to 40% in optimised games. (also make sure u have powerful cpu to handle it)

Solution

CorsairSSC

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016
SLI is really not that popular anymore. New titles are not supporting SLI as well as they should, and as Makentox mentioned above, a single 1080 Ti will generate less heat and less noise. It will also be cheaper and more overclockable. Besides, you get to brag to other people that you have a 1080 Ti!

korrup7ed

Prominent
May 25, 2017

So, the game support is as bad as I've heard? Damn. I want the most performance possible, but no point in having more performance if there's not much support. 1080 Ti it is.

neieus

Distinguished

You could call the support bad but I'd say the more accurate term is unpredictable at best. What tends to happen is the game you want to play either is or isn't supported and even with that it takes months for the support to come and there is no assurance some update in the future won't break it.

Also there is the issue with SLI scaling isn't always that great.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah and I see people saying all the time "dx12 is going to make multi gpu so much better" it could if game developers actually bothered to implement those features. A small fraction of pc gamers have multi gpu setups and it seems to be getting smaller everyday, so most developers do not see the need to spend time and money optimizing their games for multi gpu. Gears of war 4 for example a game built on dx12 and came out on October just got multi gpu support last month and I have heard it was not implemented that well.