400$ PC Build for Lineage 2 x3 client

Antoine_8

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need a PC build to mostly run x3 Lineage 2 client (or more with a virtual OS ?) but also watching youtube videos and surfing the internet..

I need the tower and all the components (SSD...)

Thanks !

Edited

Up that budget to 700 and the we are talking for 400 that isn't going to happen.

Antoine_8

Prominent
May 25, 2017

And if i d'ont incluse the monitor and the OS ?

Still pushing it you won't run multiple client of lineage + other things on a pentium g4560.

Antoine_8

Prominent
May 25, 2017

But i don't get it... Sorry if its noob statement but i see on youtube PC build at 400$ who run bf1 in average graphic setting and good fps. And L2 is a pretty old game.

Problem is that the g4560 is a dual core 4 thread cpu. 1 lineage instance uses up to 2 threads of the cpu this game tends to max out even modern cpu's (those 2 cores only of course). The problem starts when you want to run more in your case 3+ instances. Lineage is a cpu bound game and will tear through that cpu once you open up more than 2 instances and start watching yt video's and such. You need a cpu that has good single threaded performance and a lot of cores to do this. Gpu wise a gtx 1050ti or up is fine and 16gb of ram will be fine. However you'll be over budget in no time and adding a ssd in there is impossible with your budget so save up to at least 500.

Antoine_8

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Ok i have SATA HDD so maybe i could skip the HDD ? :/

You can. Still the next step up from the g4560 is a i5 or ryzen 5 cpu which is 100$+ more.

Antoine_8

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Ok so thats for the CPU. I noted the references. Do you mind Whats would be the other parts for the build so i can buy them (maybe i can buy some used so i can make room in my budget for screen and or SSD ?) btw i heard there is cheap 16go SSD. Is this ok ?

Those 16gb ssds are useless anything smaller than 240gb is to small nowadays. That 16gb drive is a chace drive and wont do much due to it being so small. I advice 8 + gb of ddr4 a gtx 1050ti / rx 560 or up a seasonic s12II 520w or similar quality psu and depending on the cpu choice an appropriate motherboard. What you can do is look for some i7's up until the i7 2600. If you can find some for less than 120 then those might be a better option. Also buy everything at once as prices will drop eventually and spreaded out buying is a bad idea.

Antoine_8

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Thanks for the detailed references ! Still i am not very confident on the motherboard choice since since it have to match with the other stuff right ?