Will My i3 540 be bottlenecked by new gpu's

Devansh13472

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
I want to ask that will my CPU be bottlenecked by graphics cards like gt 1030, rx 550, rx 460, gtx 1050 or Ti version. Please tell me about each GPU which I mentioned that would they be bottlenecked by my system. I dont want to upgrade my cpu. So please tell me which one should I get. I want to game at 1080p with low-medium settings.
Thank you

Solution
No these GPU above are low end and shouldnt bottleneck your cpu, however its all depends on game and nothing else. For low 1080p get 550 460 1050 or ti just look which is cheaper or better deal (like on sale), dont buy 1030, its a scam card by intel.

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016
No these GPU above are low end and shouldnt bottleneck your cpu, however its all depends on game and nothing else. For low 1080p get 550 460 1050 or ti just look which is cheaper or better deal (like on sale), dont buy 1030, its a scam card by intel.

Solution

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
There is no blanket yes or no answer to the question of bottlenecking. There will always be bottlenecking, whether it's by the CPU, GPU, software, etc. Any CPU can bottleneck any GPU, if the workload is right. Imagine a race between two people. They are holding a varying amount of weights. Who will win? The question cannot be answered as the workload is unknown, just like in computers.
Also, instead of looking at who wins the race, since there's always a winner/loser, find the minimum acceptable time/framerate.

Choose a desired framerate. If your CPU can perform up to that desire in the games you wish to play, bottlenecking's not a worry.

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016

Its not different, its absolutely the same, as i said its all depends on games u going to play, some are more CPU other more GPU demanding. Just get GPU that fits your budget, specially look if any on sale. What is your current GPU? And which games/genre you going to play the most?

Rex gave a good example on race between 2 ppl :S