RX 470 artifacting and crashing. GPU or PSU issue?

Civilian021

Prominent
May 26, 2017
Background:
After having worked perfectly for almost a year, my computer (specs below) started artifacting and crashing simultaneously. The first time this occurred while running Overwatch, showing two error messages after:

1: "Your rendering device has been lost", presumably from the Battle.net app.
2: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". (Only showing after running Overwatch and World of tanks)

The Overwatch and Battle.net applications could only be closed using Task Manager after crashing.
These issues aren't just related to Overwatch, because the same happened in other games like The Witcher 3, and always seemed to happen 20-30 seconds in. No error message was generated here.

Steps taken:
- Checking RAM for errors using MemTest86 for about 5 hours - no errors
- Reseating GPU
- Monitoring temps using MSI Afterburner - GPU temperatures stayed below 70 degrees at all times
- Running Prime95 (small FFTs) - CPU temperatures stayed at a steady 68 degrees - Uninstalling drivers using DDU, reinstalling after.
- Running FurMark GPU stress test: After 20 seconds showed artifacts and crashed, exactly what happened in my games. Undervolting seemed to extend this period of time. Underclocking didn't make it crash, but instead made it bug out completely (see https://youtu.be/Nu-akTkXV2E)

All games have run fine before on my computer, rarely artifacts in games (two times at best). I have never overclocked or overvolted my GPU and has always been at safe temperatures. My guess is that that it's the GPU that's causing these problems, but I've also read that an inadequate PSU might be causing this, since it's only a 450W unit (tier 3).

I would really appreciate it if you guys might be able to help me with determining the limiting factor. Also be sure to ask for additional details.

System:
PSU: Antec VP450P
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H
CPU: Intel Core i3-6100
GPU: Asus RX470 4G GAMING
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 MHz

De1cgaUg.jpg
Showing artifacts while frozen, crash right after.