1080 ti FE vs Strix performance Price worth it?

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Hello all!

I know that this [strike]tread[/strike] topic is heavily talked but I need a performance only approach.

I am between this 2 gpus but where I live (outside us) the strix is basically 1/4 extra priced which is insane is basically 200 USD more.

I ve seen some benchmarks and the strix get an average of 5 extra frames which at least for me is not worth it paying 200 USD more.

So if someone could take some time and give me some suggestions that will be great.

Thanks in advance.

the only advantage to that Strix is it can cool that card better. so it can sustain better boost clock than FE can. also if you into overclocking the Strix will be better choice because of the same reason. you can still ramp up the fan on the FE though. but blower type cooler are very well known to be "jet engine" when running at high speed. no other options you can get? just from the performance stand point alone i don't think that extra price on the Strix worth the extra cost.

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
For the moment unfortunately this are the only 2 "cheap" options I have, thanks for the answer, it would be cool to be able to oc and have a cold gpu but 200 USD I think is just too much. I think I will in the end get a FE.

TRENDING THREADS