Solved

Flashing bios gtx 1070

Hello , I want to get a new version of bios on my gpu. I have a founders edition card from msi and I am concerned if I will do it am I going to lose my warranty and If anybody knows how to do it download all the stuff and get new bios WORKING FOR FOUNDERS EDITION MODEL WITH ONE FAN.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about flashing bios gtx 1070
  1. jakubek160 said:
    Hello , I want to get a new version of bios on my gpu. I have a founders edition card from msi and I am concerned if I will do it am I going to lose my warranty and If anybody knows how to do it download all the stuff and get new bios WORKING FOR FOUNDERS EDITION MODEL WITH ONE FAN.


    You will lose warranty and why would you wan't to flash the bios you aren't going to oc on a reference cooler.
  2. I will tell you why , my fans can't go any lower than 27%. It annoys me as [removed]. I want to get it to work at 0%.
  3. watch your language
  4. jakubek160 said:
    I will tell you why , my fans can't go any lower than 27%. It annoys me as [removed]. I want to get it to work at 0%.


    But that 27% is a safeguard. The gpu can't lower it's fans anymore because it produces to much heat. This is not worth the giant risk trying to flash a bios. Also most bios flashes only focus on unlocking voltages and such not on fan controls.
  5. Is there any way I can do this? I want to have it quiet.
  6. jakubek160 said:
    Is there any way I can do this? I want to have it quiet.


    Not on that card no. It need to have the fan running due to how the cooler is designed. Also you shouldn't be able to hear it as at that speed it should be less than 30.db.
  7. jaslion said:
    jakubek160 said:
    Is there any way I can do this? I want to have it quiet.


    Not on that card no. It need to have the fan running due to how the cooler is designed. Also you shouldn't be able to hear it as at that speed it should be less than 30.db.


    The card itself isn't that loud to be ohnest. The only thing is that I use matx case for now and I need to change it because it is standing 10 cm from me :)
  8. Best answer
    In my honest opinion, if your intention is to flash your VBIOS so that you can enable your GPU to hit 0% fan speed, you need to be informed on a few things. First of all, this is super easy to do, although if you're somehow clumsy enough, you can end up bricking your card, so make sure you're not retarded before attempting this. Second of all, if you flash your VBIOS with any other GTX 1070 open-air cards VBIOS (The only ones that hit 0%), then you'll have another issue. Your 100% fan speed will no longer be 4000+ RPM, most open air cards run at ~2000 RPM max, so be sure about this. Third of all, if you're doing this for any overclocking reason, its not worth it. I too own a Founder's Edition GTX 1070, and I got really really lucky with it, I can do +150 on the core and +800 on the memory, stably, all day everyday and its been running like this since I bought it last September. It's good enough to achieve its maximum potential (-ish, on air anyway) without being damaged, although it may require that 100% (4000 RPM) fan speed to keep you under 65c, so do be wary that you won't be able to do any crazy overclocks afterwards (You'll climb over 80 degrees).
  9. jaslion said:
    jakubek160 said:
    Hello , I want to get a new version of bios on my gpu. I have a founders edition card from msi and I am concerned if I will do it am I going to lose my warranty and If anybody knows how to do it download all the stuff and get new bios WORKING FOR FOUNDERS EDITION MODEL WITH ONE FAN.


    You will lose warranty and why would you wan't to flash the bios you aren't going to oc on a reference cooler.


    I don't mean to make an unproductive addition to this comment thread, but can you please just answer the mans question instead of saying random nonsense that he, likely, doesn't care about. Also, I have a Founder's Edition GTX 1070 and I've happily run it, under 65c, everyday, for almost a year now, with an overclock higher than most people can do on their aftermarket cooler cards (+150 Core and +800 Mem). The binning for Founder's Edition cards is much better than the binning for aftermarket cards (Or should we say, its existent (Unless we're talking the Kingp!n card)), so you'll end up getting amazing GPU's that can gain some insane performance when put on liquid.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx BIOS MSI-Microstar