FX 8350 Multiplier Problem (Down to x7)

Ayman_4

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
hello every one
I had a trouble issue with my AMD FX 8350 exactly with its Multiplier
once week ago I changed the incompatible motherboard MSI 970a-G43 to MSI 970 Gaming
with the old one the multiplier was x20 and Cpu Reach 4300 mhz
on this MotherBoard the Cpu in Bios reaches 4500 mhz (OC) and on windows on CPU-Z doesnt reach anything only Multiplier x7 I tried alot with everything
AMD Turbo Technology - Cool 'n' Quite - C1E - Voltage -everything but the Multiplier doesnt change
WHYYY?????
(really I've become hate AMD Products)
3y7t6gmk_jpg.htm

Solution
Switch the pc off , open the case side panel.

Just below the big 24 pin power connector at the front of the board there is a small vertical switch labelled 'slow mode' , ensure this is flicked downwards to the off position & reboot.

You should re-enable cool & quiet & c1e states - they offer power savings & temps that are lower under lower CPU usage & won't affect max clock speed under heavy load.
Can't say for sure, but on the MSI site for that motherboard it states that the board does not support 200W processors. I looked but didn't see a list of supported CPUs.

Overclocking an 8350 should be able to get it up near, and likely over 200W, so I wouldn't get too carried away with that.

If you're drawing too much power with your CPU due to an overclock, your motherboard could very well be throttling the power to the CPU, or the CPU clock, to prevent the power circuitry from self destructing.

Try running everything at stock settings and see what happens.

Ayman_4

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

I ran at default settings with the same result but more low in mhz for example it goes down to 1450 mhz
I used a mb incompatible before and I could oc but it raised the cpu temps but this is compatible as MSI adviced me using it (service support) but I faced this problem

Switch the pc off , open the case side panel.

Just below the big 24 pin power connector at the front of the board there is a small vertical switch labelled 'slow mode' , ensure this is flicked downwards to the off position & reboot.

You should re-enable cool & quiet & c1e states - they offer power savings & temps that are lower under lower CPU usage & won't affect max clock speed under heavy load.

Solution

Ayman_4

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

Man are you Prophet !!!!!
yes I flicked it when I bought this MB
I will try
this is the old settings with old MB
the difference is the Voltage

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4735/eueov7ls_jpg.htm

eueov7ls_jpg.htm

Youre going to get different voltages ,that voltage reading on the old board is at 1500mhz clocks so with cool & quiet enabled it downvolts automatically (this is a good thing)
The reading on the new board is at 4500mhz so the voltage is going to be higher.
That said 1.448v is excessive for 4.5ghz imo,you should be able to do that with 1.41/1.42 easily unless your chip isnt a good one.

You should re-enable cool & quiet & c1e & just disable turbocore option.
Voltage - thats trial & error,the 970 gaming is a capable board but does not have much all in the way of voltage settings.
There are no llc options,all you can do is add to the base clock & let the board auto regulate load voltages.

why are you bus overclocking ?? A straight multipler overclock is far easier & hassle free.

Ayman_4

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

OK THANK YOU
this is the last Issue I could reach until the pc fail in boot

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4735/tqp88gs8_jpg.htm

for the overclock I am 3D designer I need the power of cpu as much as because I have rendering

also I have another question about OC GPU may I will return back after turning off my pc

Exactly about VR Ready

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4735/boku3nhn_jpg.htm

Ayman_4

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

Thank you for everyhting man
Really you saved my life

now I reached the Maximum Capacity of GPU MSI RX480 and AMD FX 8350

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4735/jtkqoth2_jpg.htm

thank you I will adjust the OC from Bios is better than going to app