Solved

Which cable do I need to connect Zotac GTX 1060 to my Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro 1000W PSU?

I am buying a GPU, Zotac GTX 1060 6GB

and I have the Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro Power Supply
http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/silent-pro-m2/silent-pro-m2-1000w/

But I don't have any cables/connectors left to connect the GPU into the PSU.

The shop where I'm buying it from is asking me to send him pictures of the back/front of the required cable as they will supply it for me for a low price.

But the problem is, I don't know which I cable I need.

These are the pictures of my PSU and the cables I already have.

Which cable do I need to make this work? Can you please link me to a cable on amazon or newegg so I can provide it to the store?







And this is the end of the cable on the other side.
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cable connect zotac gtx 1060 cooler master silent pro 1000w psu
  1. None of these cables. The first cable is for a motherboard power probabbly. To connect your gpu you need to use a PCI-E power connector it looks like that and should be with a name VGA 1 or VGA 2 :

    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/pcie6-2-jpg.57637/
  2. http://imgur.com/a/bCHVx


    The 6 pin PCI-E I have even circled it in this picture for you
  3. Uaon said:
    http://imgur.com/a/bCHVx


    The 6 pin PCI-E I have even circled it in this picture for you


    I gave him a picture to what cable it is. He doesn't needs 10 answers :D
  4. Thanks guys, I sent the pictures to the shop.

    What does the other end of the cable look like? The one that goes into the GPU?

    EDIT: would something like this work?

  5. It will look like this:
    http://www.kenable.co.uk/images/pciex68adap.jpg

    You should also consider dusting off the inside of your case and filters. It's vital for good performance with lower temps. Check videos on YouTube how to do it properly.
  6. I gave him the picture of the 6 pin thats on his psu. Op that would work but is generally not recommended. That psu of yours came with a 6 pin pcie cable. It will plug into one of those 6 pin white slots on your psu and then to the video card.
  7. ufodisko said:
    Thanks guys, I sent the pictures to the shop.

    What does the other end of the cable look like? The one that goes into the GPU?

    EDIT: would something like this work?



    the left one, vga cable have 2 lines of port so find the one with 3x2 or 4x2 holes
  8. I showed you in the first picture. You can clearly see that it is the cable to the left.
  9. Thats a molex to pcie constantine_99 that op posted, they come bundled with video cards. It is used to convert molex to pcie...
  10. So the GPU comes with the 6-Pin connector cable, that I plugin into it and the other side into the GPU.

    But the other side doesn't fit into my PSU, so I need another converter to connect it to the PSU and that would be the 6 pin PCI-E?

    PS: I'm sorry for being stupid.
  11. Best answer
    You're fine dont worry, your power supply should have came with one, the picture you posted earlier is used for converting two molex to pcie, you are better off using the 6 pin pcie cable that came with your power supply. It should look like this http://www.cmstore.eu/spare-parts/power-supply/pci-e-6-pin-to-2x-6-2-pin-modular-flat-cable-free-shipping/
  12. These cables did come with the power supply, but I lost them. I don't remember where or how.

    The cable you linked to goes directly into the GPU and PSU? Or does it need another cable?

    And why shouldn't I be using Molex connectors?
  13. Coolermaster supply spares just like the one I linked so don't worry there,Yes one side to the psu and the other to the gpu. Its never a good idea to use an adapter with your card (referring to the molex to pcie)
  14. Thank you Uaon, I've emailed that link to the shop where I'm buying it from. Hopefully they will have that cable and it would solve the problem.
  15. ufodisko said:
    Thank you Uaon, I've emailed that link to the shop where I'm buying it from. Hopefully they will have that cable and it would solve the problem.


    Your very welcome mate, best of luck.
  16. I just called the shop, they said they saw my emails and they don't have cables from the same brand of the PSU and that they are unsure that a different brand of cables would be compatible with my PSU.

    Is this correct? Would a different brand of cables harm my PSU?
  17. ufodisko said:
    I just called the shop, they said they saw my emails and they don't have cables from the same brand of the PSU and that they are unsure that a different brand of cables would be compatible with my PSU.

    Is this correct? Would a different brand of cables harm my PSU?


    If it fits and works it wiull be fine as it will be wired the same as the original anyway. The best thing to do perhaps is to bring your pc to that shop and check, that way you don't have to travel all the way back to return it if needs be.
  18. Uaon said:
    ufodisko said:
    I just called the shop, they said they saw my emails and they don't have cables from the same brand of the PSU and that they are unsure that a different brand of cables would be compatible with my PSU.

    Is this correct? Would a different brand of cables harm my PSU?


    If it fits and works it wiull be fine as it will be wired the same as the original anyway. The best thing to do perhaps is to bring your pc to that shop and check, that way you don't have to travel all the way back to return it if needs be.



    This is what I'm going to do.

    I cancelled my order from the first shop and I asked a second shop about the cables, the guy said he will have an answer by tomorrow but it's probably not a problem, he can get the cables. And I will take my PC to his shop and install it there.

    Hopefully it'll all work out.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Cable Zotac Connection Gtx GPUs