RX 580 8gb VS gtx 1060 6gb

Solution
Depending on game, in some 1060 is better, in others 580. But the difference is about few FPS, so both are equally good choice.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
RX 580 8gb would be my choice , and it actually was , for my last build , performs better than my 1060.
TAyoEUL.jpg

You'll be happy with either one, as the differences aren't all that huge. Go with the cheaper one overall. Where available, look at those differences and see if any results are deal-breakers or something you can live with. I myself would prefer the AMD, but if it was a total loser, which it is not in this case, I'd side with NVidia.

Tony_186

Honorable
Jun 3, 2017
There is no big difference in performance but i think you should go with the 1060 because most games run better on Nvidia's cards,but that is my opinion you will get great performance from each.

BlueHawk55

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
There is not a big difference in performance overall but i'd rather go with the 1060 considering 580 prices are inflated and its out of stock nearly everywhere plus most games that run Nvidia gameworks will not run all that good on any amd card..classic ngreedia.Plus with my past experience with amd cards they will nearly always use more power run hotter and louder.

The 1060 isn't immune from price gouging/scalping either.... not since the RX-5xx and RX-4xx cards have become scarce.