will i5 3470 bottleneck rx 570

Mustafa_Ali_Mirza

Prominent
May 30, 2017
I have seen quite some people saying that it wont but other tests have shown that the gpu is at 60% usage and the cpu is at 100% usage on bf1 and gta v. Ive pretty much finished my bulid except the gpu. I want to use this for at least 2 years and want to play games at 1080p high 50-60 fps please suggest a gpu or tell if the rx 570 will bottleneck or not.

Solution
Absolutely fine pairing with a RX 570 mate - honestly.

Bottlenecks are talked about too much , with bf1 & GTA v you've picked 2 titles than can rape CPU usage (especially bf1 multiplayer) but that doesn't mean you'll get sub par performance at the end of the day.

You nay drop to mid 40s at times in a few CPU intensive titles , that's still not unplayable & is testament to what a good chip the 3470 still is - this thing is near 6 years old now remember & was only a mid ranger on release !!
Absolutely fine pairing with a RX 570 mate - honestly.

Bottlenecks are talked about too much , with bf1 & GTA v you've picked 2 titles than can rape CPU usage (especially bf1 multiplayer) but that doesn't mean you'll get sub par performance at the end of the day.

You nay drop to mid 40s at times in a few CPU intensive titles , that's still not unplayable & is testament to what a good chip the 3470 still is - this thing is near 6 years old now remember & was only a mid ranger on release !!

Solution
Expanding a bit on what madmatt30 says, both CPU and GPU you're looking at are 5 years old. It's not so much that one bottlenecks the other, but rather, both are getting long in the tooth.

Food for thought, in the hypothetical scenario you mentioned in BF1 with 60% GPU usage and 100% CPU usage, you could just raise graphical settings and bring your GPU usage up, with zero impact on framerates. However, your CPU is still going to determine what your max framerates are.

Mustafa_Ali_Mirza

Prominent
May 30, 2017

mate the rx 570 just came out and its nowhere except eth farms im forced to buy a 1060