Fx 8320 + gtx or rx?

Rot2

Prominent
May 30, 2017
Well recently i´ve bought a fx 8320 with ram mobo ...etc for a really good price.
I´ve read and see in benchmarks that the rx series performs worst on the old bulldozer platform (specially fps drops and instability).
It is true nowadays or just an issue of the release?
Should i buy a gtx 1060 (3GB) or a rx 480 (4GB) / 570 (4GB) ?

Solution
Depending on where you live, RX-4xx and 5xx series are are nearly impossible to find right now due to crypto-currency miners. And any you do find are marked up $$$$ ridiculously. If that's the case where you live, just get the GTX 1060.

FnaticMeister

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016
I personally have a RX 470 with my FX 8320, performs perfectly. I'm running the ASUS strix version, and I get about no lag! I would personally recommend you get the RX 570, it'll last you a while and treat you good!

Mine's run most of what I've thrown of it without issue. I'm a 60 FPS, 1080p gamer on a GTX 970. It usually runs at 4.2 GHz instead of 3.5; I can bump it to 4.5 if a game needs a little extra HP. At stock 3.5/4.0 turbo boost (one core), it's pretty slow.

Rise of Tomb Raider (GTX 970) and BF4 (probably CPU) struggle a bit, but otherwise it's still hanging in there pretty well for something I built 4-5ish years ago.

CooLWoLF

Distinguished
Depending on where you live, RX-4xx and 5xx series are are nearly impossible to find right now due to crypto-currency miners. And any you do find are marked up $$$$ ridiculously. If that's the case where you live, just get the GTX 1060.

Solution

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I've seen some evidence that Nvidia GPUs tend to perform a bit better with weaker CPUs, so you might be better off with a GTX. Depends on prices though.

As an aside, I don't understand why people are still building new PCs based on AM3+ in 2017...

CooLWoLF

Distinguished

He did say he got it for a good price. I think a lot of people who post on tech forums tend to forget that we are in the minority; most folks do not spend the kind of money we do on PCs/upgrades. Even fewer have the tech knowledge to know what is good/best for the money.

Rot2

Prominent
May 30, 2017

Yes like i said i bought it really cheap (98 € for cpu + mobo (GA-990XA-ud3 (rev 1.0)) +24 GB of ram and the cooler).
About the location, i´ve seen the 570 4GB and the 1060 3GB for the same money (200€ aprox).

That's a good board for overclocking - open 'er up!