RX 460 - R6S and CS:GO are running strangely...

hqrvey

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Hi,

I bought a new GPU about 5 months ago, the RX 460 4GB. I had previously had an integrated one (i know..) as i bought a prebuilt PC because i was on a budget.

I am slightly confused as games like CSGO can be run on a potato and still be playable but i'm a bit confused as to why i only just hit 40fps when playing on medium settings...

I also just purchased Rainbow 6 Seige and i have to say it is basically unplayable, everything lags, even on low settings and the sound just stutters and overall very laggy.

For £100, i thought i'd get much better performance but i am no PC expert. I was thinking it's perhaps something to do with my CPU as it came with the PC as it is not the best, the AMD A6-6400k.

Hope you can find a solution for me.

Thanks

Yeah, it's that you have a dual core, which limits things. And it's an APU dual core, which is a slow type of dual core. A simple way to prove this is to run your games at the lowest resolution and settings, then look at framerate. If your CPU was not slow, the framerate should increase by a lot.

If your CPU is slow, the framerate won't increase by much, if at all. This is because your CPU is already working as hard as it can, so reducing the load on the videocard to remove the videocard as a bottleneck doesn't help. The bottleneck is the CPU, not the videocard.

hqrvey

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Thank you very much, appreciate it!

hqrvey

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Thank you, much appreciated!