I5-2400, What motherboard should i get?

CallumDingy

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
I currently have a A8-7600k on the A68HM-E33 V2 with a GTX 1050 bottleneckign it. Ive come to conclusion that its bottle necking and so rather than upgrading to an 880k (athlon) it would be better to go for an old i5 like a 2400 as its cheap. Im not looking to spend alot of money so what motherboard can i get for cheap? In my current pc i have 8gb ram DDR3 1600Mhz 1stick. Thanks

Solution
it would be ideal to have is 2x4 gbs ddr3 instead of 1 stick, to get a bit of benefit from the dual channel ram on the mainboard

the 880k is the top of the line there and is not that great

consider jumping into a ryzen r3 once it gets to the market, that represents, ram, mainboard and cpu, not just mainboard and cpu as you mention, but the parts you mention will not let you do real upgrades later, ryzen will for some years

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
it would be ideal to have is 2x4 gbs ddr3 instead of 1 stick, to get a bit of benefit from the dual channel ram on the mainboard

the 880k is the top of the line there and is not that great

consider jumping into a ryzen r3 once it gets to the market, that represents, ram, mainboard and cpu, not just mainboard and cpu as you mention, but the parts you mention will not let you do real upgrades later, ryzen will for some years

Solution