HP 8200 sff fit to atx case

Rafaparche

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
Hi guys, I bought a HP 8200 elite sff j a big graphic card! My bad, I didn't realise hp tower case was slim. The fact is I need that graphic card because has 4 display and I usually work using 3 monitors.

motherboard is micro ATX and I'm looking for ATX case but I can't find the right one because motherboard looks like it should fit into right side tower and I just find tower to fit the motherboard onto left side. I say this because if I fit motherboard on left side then graphic card bay will be on top and keyboard/mouse inputs at bottom.

Cheers!

Solution
You're welcome! IMHO, you would benefit from getting a system that accepts it(courtesy of a build or a second hand system) or look at low profile GPU's however I doubt your current PSU would be up to the task and the thing with SFF system's is that the PSU is often the limiter and are proprietary and with limited wattage. Aftermarket units are a no no.

Also that 6 pin power plug will only conform to the unit you have which also rules out an aftermarket option. Might I ask for your unit's SKU/specs? Would you be able to know what your PSU's (stickered)wattage is? This page lists your unit for having a 240W.

Lutfij

Titan
The motherboard is oriented the wrong way, more akin to a BTX layout
2006-01-02%2014.17.41.jpg

The answer is no.

Mind sahring the big GPU you purchased? Even if you could stuff the innards into an ATX(which is highly doubtful) you're going to suffer from power limitations from your PSU, though I'm assuming by big you're talking about a GTX580.

Rafaparche

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017

Rafaparche

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
I think you are right this motherboard looks more a btx that atx. I'm losing any hope then.

Btw, I got 2 graphics, one gtx and another firepro.

I guess I will by a motherboard board then too.

Rafaparche

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017

Gtx hd radeon 5830 and and amd firepro v5800.

Now, I have a dissambled hp 8200 sff and 2 graphics card :S

Rafaparche

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017

I had thought to reuse although right now I unknow PSU power right now, probably not enough. Thanks for table, I will take a look

Lutfij

Titan
You're welcome! IMHO, you would benefit from getting a system that accepts it(courtesy of a build or a second hand system) or look at low profile GPU's however I doubt your current PSU would be up to the task and the thing with SFF system's is that the PSU is often the limiter and are proprietary and with limited wattage. Aftermarket units are a no no.

Also that 6 pin power plug will only conform to the unit you have which also rules out an aftermarket option. Might I ask for your unit's SKU/specs? Would you be able to know what your PSU's (stickered)wattage is? This page lists your unit for having a 240W.

Solution