New RAM causes BSOD in games and just regular browsing

So about a week ago I decided to purchase 8gb (2x4) ram to replace my 1 stick of 4gb. The 1 stick of ram was a used stick from another build I had a while back and recycled it into this PC. The new kit I bought was from Pacific Sun Memory, 8gb pc3-10600 (1333Mhz) DDR3. And my old ram was also from Pacific Sun Memory in the a very similar(2x4, 1333Mhz) kit to this one execept the new one is double sided (black squares on front and back) and when i installed the new one I started playing GTA 5 because I had finally gotten enoguh ram to play it and i blue screened like 30 minutes into it and I started having blue screens in easy to run games like world at war and terraria and I've even blue screened while watching youtube. I wish i could remember the blue screen error but it goes away to fast.

My specs are:
Cpu: AMD FX 4300
Gpu: Asus GTX 760
Storage: 1TB WD Black
Psu: Lepa N500
Memory: from Pacific Sun Memory, 8gb pc3-10600 (1333Mhz) DDR3
Motherboard: M5A78-M USB3
10 answers Last reply
More about ram bsod games regular browsing
  1. Hi,

    First, what is your MB?

    Also try memory test such as MemTest86, maybe there is a bad sector in the new RAM.

    Regards,
  2. IceMyth said:
    Hi,

    First, what is your MB?

    Also try memory test such as MemTest86, maybe there is a bad sector in the new RAM.

    Regards,


    Just updated it, (Motherboard: M5A78-M USB3)
    I'll try the memory test and then I will come back will results :)
  3. Obviously you are not a novice to this computer game. I have no doubts that you installed the kit in adjacent channels.....occupying channel 1 and channel 2.
  4. Mojazz said:
    Obviously you are not a novice to this computer game. I have no doubts that you installed the kit in adjacent channels.....occupying channel 1 and channel 2.


    I wish it was that lol.
  5. So you are you still there! You can do the renegade method of testing each stick of memory one at a time with the module from your old system. It might tip you off to which one is bad if that might be the case. Old school but give it an old school try. New school.......just RMA it and get another kit........A good name brand kit. Big cheers and have a good day.
  6. Last thought......check your bios to make certain your ram is recognized to be running at the correct settings. That is it......I am out of ideas.
  7. IceMyth said:
    Hi,

    First, what is your MB?

    Also try memory test such as MemTest86, maybe there is a bad sector in the new RAM.

    Regards,




    I let it run for about an hour and I have no clue what any of this means
  8. Mojazz said:
    So you are you still there! You can do the renegade method of testing each stick of memory one at a time with the module from your old system. It might tip you off to which one is bad if that might be the case. Old school but give it an old school try. New school.......just RMA it and get another kit........A good name brand kit. Big cheers and have a good day.


    Unfortunately I do not have my old system anymore :(
  9. Do you have dual-channel operation selected in your BIOS? You should run Memtest86+ on one stick of RAM at a time until it completes at least one cycle. May take an hour or more. When the test is complete, it will tell you if any errors were detected.

    If you are running a 64 bit OS, there is a newer piece of software - memtest64 that could also be used (I haven't used it myself, but have seen it recommended here on Toms).
  10. mjslakeridge said:
    Do you have dual-channel operation selected in your BIOS? You should run Memtest86+ on one stick of RAM at a time until it completes at least one cycle. May take an hour or more. When the test is complete, it will tell you if any errors were detected.

    If you are running a 64 bit OS, there is a newer piece of software - memtest64 that could also be used (I haven't used it myself, but have seen it recommended here on Toms).


    I've searched everywhere in my BIOS and cannot find any "Dual Channel" option to turn on.
    And I will try the memtest64
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Games Blue Screen