RX 480 Question

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
I got an Asus ROG Strix Gaming RX480 8GB in January but now the prices are increasing (the prices are getting so high I can make profit from selling my GPU even as used) and crypto currency is becoming more popular. I want to know shall I sell my GPU or shall I get a cheap PC and plop the GPU inside for mining (I still want to use my PC for gaming) and if I do end up mining how much on average can I make in a week from non stop mining

Solution
regarding selling ur pc, selling them separately will give u better results than selling it as a whole. check out the prices of similar used parts in the web and price of a similar used PC, that will give u an idea.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Most likely a negative number.

The basic issue with currency mining is that if you need to ask how to do it, you're already too far behind the curve. The early adopters, who jump on the bandwagon before there's a bandwagon and have specialized rigs, are the ones that end up making money. You're either in the top 10% or so of that population who represent a disproportional chunk of the overall hashrate or you're a sucker getting run over.

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015

If I knew more about bit coin and so on when it was popular a couple of years ago I may have been on the bandwagon but the thing is I had a shit PC back then and still have it until I saved up to build my first PC in January and I was planning on replacing my GPU anyway in the near future but the RX480/580 are like the best GPU's for mining there are people buying loads of them and pairing them with celeron CPU's in huge mining rigs on youtube I think I know how to do basic mining I just want to know how profitable is it.
I was planning on replacing GPU and RAM as I want at least Vega or 1080Ti and for my RAM even though I have 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX I wanted at least RGB RAM (I can profit from selling this as 2nd hand too as I got it before the price hikes a few months ago and it was on sale at the time as well)
the rest of my PC is really good though I got a really cheap Kaby Lake i7 7700k before Ryzen was launched on sale for like 30% off or something like that

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Most likely a negative number. I'm not your accountant though and you're an adult, so feel free to do whatever you want.

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015

I am 20 y/o and was only asking for the best options available