100% cpu usage and around 60% gpu usage during gaming??

Roel_15

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
ive been dealing with this problem ever since i recently installed my new motherboard the z270e asus rog but whenever i try to play games that i would initially run at a dramatically higher framerate it will get really choppy and be around the 30- 60 range im not sure if this is a windows problem since i am not running a legitimate copy of windows or an hardware problem

specs:

Asus ROG GTX 1070

Intel-i7 6700k

850 watt thermaltake rgb

Asus Strix Z270E

Kraken x61

16gb G.Skill ram

Please help i am not able to play many games or run as many applications as i should

Solution
1. fps claims can only be feasible when you identify what game your trying to play
2. performance claim can only be verified by running a benchmark on your system to see what's "dragging its feet" to see what may be wrong
3. run ADWCleaner and see how that helps.
4. run http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm and see what is up
5. run HWINFO while gaming and see where the problem could be at 100% cpu and 60% GPU doesn't mean these is bottlenecking or any issue, the game could be poorly optimized and your expecting more than the program actually provides.

Right now a perfect example is "Player's Unknown Battleground", their last update made their FPS lower by about 10fps for everyone, and lag is happening more often than before. got...

Roel_15

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

i just got the real copy of windows on my computer, and i downloaded avast and anti-malwarebytes but the problem doesnt seem to be fixed do i have to completely wipe my pc in order for it be back to normal?

Roel_15

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

I have put a legitimate copy of windows onto my computer and reset my pc,i just redownloaded a few games and tested them but they seem to working just as they did before at very low framerate for my build and using most cpu power and still only using around 60% 70% gpu i have no clue whats wrong with it im feeling like it may be a problem with the mobo

Is your RAM maxed out and are you booting with all cores flying? Press the Windows key and R together, type msconfig into the Run box and it the Enter key.

Click the Boot.ini tab and under Advanced, change the Cores accordingly and in the RAM box, wind it up to the top.

Is your cooling up to the job?

Roel_15

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
i think i did what you had said in that reply although not sure if i did exactly as said but yes my cooling is up to the task i have a kraken x61

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
After installing windows do you first install the latest motherboard drivers,then the latest gpu drivers?
Did you enable XMP in the bios for best ram settings? I guess that you use faster than 2133mhz ram ... and even with that these sometimes have different timings.

1. fps claims can only be feasible when you identify what game your trying to play
2. performance claim can only be verified by running a benchmark on your system to see what's "dragging its feet" to see what may be wrong
3. run ADWCleaner and see how that helps.
4. run http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm and see what is up
5. run HWINFO while gaming and see where the problem could be at 100% cpu and 60% GPU doesn't mean these is bottlenecking or any issue, the game could be poorly optimized and your expecting more than the program actually provides.

Right now a perfect example is "Player's Unknown Battleground", their last update made their FPS lower by about 10fps for everyone, and lag is happening more often than before. got to do nothing with anyone's computer... it will hopefully gets fixed next update.

Solution