Why are RX 580 gpu out of stock everywhere.

saadgamer_17

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Why are RX580 GPU out of stock everywhere. I heard that cryptocurreny miners have bought in dozens. I am also planning to mine etherium, unfortunately there is no RX480/580 out there.

Solution
If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was a plot by nVidia to force actual users & gamers to buy their GPUs instead of AMD products, so that they could convince even more game developers to code their games to favor nVidia products. But, I never did like wearing tinfoil hats...

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was a plot by nVidia to force actual users & gamers to buy their GPUs instead of AMD products, so that they could convince even more game developers to code their games to favor nVidia products. But, I never did like wearing tinfoil hats...

Solution

atf_mart

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2013

This would make no sense at all, AMD doesnt care if NVIDIA buys all of their cards, anyways they are getting the money.

And even without AMD gpu's around even NVIDIA cards are overpriced by $40ish dollars and I aint payin that on my budget pc.

So I'm waiting untill amd releases a fix for this or a dedicated mining GPU.

Didn't matter to me as I was looking to get a GTX 1070 and they were also part of that issue and way over priced to the point approaching or exceeding GTX 1080 prices. The GTX 1060 prices also way high.

So I got a GTX 1080, problem solved. :)

I have an RX 480, had it since Jan 2017.