Need Help with my R9 270 overclocked 100ª C

Darkku

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
Hi , i overclocked my R9 270 Dual x , the thing is i used Msi afterburner
And this guide Guru
oc to : Core Clock: 1050 MHz - Memory Clock: 6000 MHz - power limit +20
now i cant play games in high resolution , like Skyrim and Far cry primal (i was playing those game in high res) i get like low fps , and i saw my temp of my gpu , was 100ª Celsius, i put silver thermal paste and i clean the fans, i still get 100ª Celsius , idk what to do , the overclock fu$%ed my gpu i guess, how i revert it? i try resetting msi afterburner, deleted drivers with DDU and installed the latest drivers, idk what to do anymore, is my gpu broken?

edit: my gpu fan speed is 4200 RPM %100

Solution
Don't use artic silver on your gpu. It conducts electricity. Use mx5 or Arctic Silver CMQ2-2.7G Céramique 2. Something that does not conduct electricity.

If you used something like Arctic Silver 5 you may have already ruined your gpu.

ONLY NONCONDUCTIVE ON THE VIDEO CARD

urbancamper

Distinguished
Never a good idea to use conductive thermal grease on the gpu. There are too many places in the socket area that conduct electricity. By using arctic silver there is a very good chance you shorted something out. Better to use something like MX5.

That gpu needs a500w psu. If you are overclocking you need more. Aside from that, your case need airflow or the gpu is going to stew in its' own heat.

Darkku

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017

There is airflow , maybe this thermal grease is not good, i will buy artic silver or a pad artic silver, i have 750watts its ok

urbancamper

Distinguished
Don't use artic silver on your gpu. It conducts electricity. Use mx5 or Arctic Silver CMQ2-2.7G Céramique 2. Something that does not conduct electricity.

If you used something like Arctic Silver 5 you may have already ruined your gpu.

ONLY NONCONDUCTIVE ON THE VIDEO CARD

Solution

Darkku

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017

I didint know that, in Argentina i only found Mx4 , its ok with that?