100% disk usage, will a new SSD fix this problem?

Luca_19

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
I am now using a pretty old 2tb HDD 7200rpm speed. I feel like my pc is very slow specially when i boot it up. I cant open up programs, because it takes sh*t load of time. It can take up to 10 minutes just to load everything (i dont even have many programs).

I have been watching the usage in the task manager i i see that my disk usage is like 100% the first 10-15 minutes after i start my computer. So i guess my HDD is just slow. I have been thinking of getting an ssd to see if that will mae it faster.

Is there any other solution to make it faster? I have already tried reinstalling windows. Also i have turned off all programs under autostart.

Solution
Yes an SSD is shurely faster than your old HDD :)
It's odd that it takes this extremely long but i dont know how slow your HDD is :)
Also without knowing your other specs its hard to say but i am just wild guessing that your other pc parts are also pretty old are they?

After these 10-15 Minutes does the Disk Usage drop or does it still stay pretty high?
I am shure that a new SSD would help you very much with this startup speed...

Using SSD as System Disk and the 2 TB hdd just as "slow" storage space

Greez memphisto

Memphisto

Honorable
May 6, 2017
Yes an SSD is shurely faster than your old HDD :)
It's odd that it takes this extremely long but i dont know how slow your HDD is :)
Also without knowing your other specs its hard to say but i am just wild guessing that your other pc parts are also pretty old are they?

After these 10-15 Minutes does the Disk Usage drop or does it still stay pretty high?
I am shure that a new SSD would help you very much with this startup speed...

Using SSD as System Disk and the 2 TB hdd just as "slow" storage space

Greez memphisto

Solution