i3 4160 heatsink

CARLLAG

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
hello everyone so basiclly my i3 4160 heatsink was damaged and i have a g2030 heatsink (new) can i replace it with or buy a new one

Solution
Make sure the CPU fan is plugged into the CPU_FAN1 header on your motherboard. The temperatures will slowly climb for a bit and level off, again load up Windows and download something like CoreTemp and see what your temperatures are when gaming. The CPU's maximum temp is 100C and it will start throttling in the 90's. For a stock cooler you will probably see 70-80c under a heavy load. Idle temperatures will be 30-40c (depending on room temperature)

CARLLAG

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
@snipergod87 thank you for your faste reply it's very helpful ! i play games in this machin and i didn't had heat problemes but when i saw the 40°c on the bios i got a little bit worried since i play mafia 3 ac syndicate and gta 5 games that are very cpu intensive ....what should i do

CARLLAG

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
@snipergod87 and when i start the pc i get cpu fan error which occure when the cpu fan is under 800 rpm i suppose altho when i enter to the bios the cpu fan is a 1185 rmp and the temperature keep climbing from 35°c to 40° in 3minute

You didn't provide info about your motherboard, but there may be a setting for the minimum fan RPM required to set the alert. While in the BIOS the CPU isn't idle; you need to load an OS and then it should run cooler. If it doesn't get over 80°C at load, then you don't have a problem .

Make sure the CPU fan is plugged into the CPU_FAN1 header on your motherboard. The temperatures will slowly climb for a bit and level off, again load up Windows and download something like CoreTemp and see what your temperatures are when gaming. The CPU's maximum temp is 100C and it will start throttling in the 90's. For a stock cooler you will probably see 70-80c under a heavy load. Idle temperatures will be 30-40c (depending on room temperature)

Solution

CARLLAG

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
@snipergod87 @ghilsaing i repluged the cpu heatsink in cpu_fan i didn't see it in the motherboard it was pluged in cha_fan and now the cpu fan error disapeared i will do some test and tell you if it's overheat thank's for your help guys appreciat it keep up you'r amazing

TRENDING THREADS