1080 ti zotac amp edition (not extreme) vs strix

ElToroXCI

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
So I am about to upgrade to a new gpu and the only OC choices for reasons I have at the moment are the zotac amp edition and the Asus strix.

Could someone tell me which one is worth it and why? BTW is zotac a good brand?

Thanks in advance.

Which ASUS ROG Strix version? There are two: 11G-Gaming (slower core/boost) and 011G-Gaming (faster core/boost). The 011G-Gaming has the exact same core/boost speed as the standard Zotac AMP! edition when used in OC mode.

With that said, ASUS has a 3-year warranty vs. Zotac's 2-year warranty. I have heard horror stories of people trying to RMA a bad Zotac card, so that right there would steer me away from that brand for a GPU. Especially at such a high level of a GPU. But there's a catch:

The pricing of the two ASUS GPUs, at least in the US on NewEgg, is insane compared to the Zotac at $760. They are asking $999 for the 11G and $1,080 for the 011G. Insanely overpriced, at least on NewEgg. I have not checked elsewhere like Amazon or B&H Photo.

Correct. I'd shop around though just to make sure NewEgg isn't screwing the buyer over on the ASUS 1080Ti's. They are notorious for price gouging for hot hardware.