2133 to 3200 overclockable? CL14 + Ryzen 5 1600 to 3.6/3.7 which voltage? + Stock fans

meeBunnY

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Hello guys,

I still got my 2x8GB HYPERX FURY RAM 2133 mhz. Now I overclocked it to 2666 mhz. It work.
My Question is, is it possible to clock it to 3200/2933 without some risk? Will my pc boot to bios after I put 2933 and save/exit ?

I got a GIGA-AB350 Gaming 3 Mainboard.

+I would like to know how to overlock my Ryzen 5 1600 to 3.6/3.7 with the stock fans first.
I need to wait for my kraken x62 am4 bracket T_T Dunno when it will arrive.

So I need the Clock Fans untill then.....any advice? most people try 3.9...or 4.0 ...that too risky for me cuz right now it's sommer...its pretty hot af. T_T

greets

meebunny

Solution
DDR4 modules hipping at 2133MHz are usually poorly binned modules - hence shipped with no XMP profile.
To get anything additional out of them (stable) is an achievement in itself. I'd be very surprised if you could OC them further and keep it stable.

As for your OCing of the 1600, the 'standard' method would apply. Increase multiplier, stress test, increase voltage if necessary; rinse & repeat.
How hot are your ambient temps though? That'll play a big factor. The stock cooler can handle minor voltage increases, but that assumed a somewhat 'normal' (generally ~22'C?) ambient temp. If you're significantly warmer to begin with, there's no guarantee you can do much.

As an FYI, a 3.6GHz OC isn't much of an OC at all. It boosts...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
DDR4 modules hipping at 2133MHz are usually poorly binned modules - hence shipped with no XMP profile.
To get anything additional out of them (stable) is an achievement in itself. I'd be very surprised if you could OC them further and keep it stable.

As for your OCing of the 1600, the 'standard' method would apply. Increase multiplier, stress test, increase voltage if necessary; rinse & repeat.
How hot are your ambient temps though? That'll play a big factor. The stock cooler can handle minor voltage increases, but that assumed a somewhat 'normal' (generally ~22'C?) ambient temp. If you're significantly warmer to begin with, there's no guarantee you can do much.

As an FYI, a 3.6GHz OC isn't much of an OC at all. It boosts to 3.6GHz at stock...... not 100% sure if that's all cores or not though.

Solution

meeBunnY

Commendable
May 13, 2016

yeahh I will stay 2666 mhz...maybe later when I save up enough for a new ram, I will buy 2x 3200 mhz. I will overclock it to 3.6 then after I get my bracket...will try to check the temp and then overclock it to 3.8/3.9

temp

confcore

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
yeahh I will stay 2666 mhz...maybe later when I save up enough for a new ram, I will buy 2x 3200 mhz. I will overclock it to 3.6 then after I get my bracket...will try to check the temp and then overclock it to 3.8/3.9

Hi, do you have Kingston HyperX Fury 2133 Dual Rank RAM (XMP 2.0)?
the code is HX421C14FBK2

i have this RAM and i also want to buy Ryzen 5 1600 and overclock CPU and RAM to the same values.
were you successful with that? i mean overclock CPU to 3.6-3.7ghz with overclocked to 2666mhz RAM and get stable working PC?