r5 1600, r9 fury low cinebench score

robitussin217

Reputable
Jul 4, 2017
Hi, this is my first post even though I've visited this forum quite a bit which was a huge help to me in building my first PC recently, and I really appreciate it. I'll just jump into it.

I ran cinebench. Curiously, next to "cores x GHz," it says 6 cores 6 threads, even though I'm using an r5 1600 with 12 threads. My score is also comparatively much lower than those I've seen on youtube. The highest scores I've gotten are 773 for the CPU test, and 59.73 for openGL.

My specs:
Ryzen r5 1600
AS rock ab350m pro4
Radeon sapphire r9 fury (non x)
evga 700w psu
1tb HDD and 240gb SSD
Windows 10 home

Other relevant info may be that I have SMT enabled in the bios, and I don't have any overclocks. Also, cinebench suggests I'm using windows 8. Thanks for any help, and let me know what other programs I can use to provide more information. I'm really new to this.

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

Check CPU-z see what speed your CPU is running at, see if it says 1.55ghz. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

If this is the case, its a bios issue, you can either try updating the bios, or back flashing, failing that you will need to report the issue to ASRock who should already be aware of the problem and give you a work around for it.

robitussin217

Reputable
Jul 4, 2017
Very odd. Just ran the test again, and cinebench says 12 cores and my score is up to 1129, which seems about right. However, my opengl score still seems low as far as I can tell. My open gl score got beat by a system with a gtx 460 for instance. I wonder if I should start a thread in the GPU forum. I know this is technically for CPU talk.