fx 8350 75c too hot?

Solution
I will tell you those stock coolers (unless it's the Wraith Cooler) are pretty crappy. Consider getting a better cooler, they are much quieter and cool better. 60 c is a little on the warm side. I have an FX 8320 and until I changed the stock cooler the fan would spin up like a jet engine. I don't recall what the temps were since it was a year ago but that fan noise was unbearable.

You still never said if it was a core temp or a socket temp. I think you're referring to the socket temp. 80 is on the hot side for socket temps but it's ok to use it that way. It's not really recommended to go over 72c on the socket though but you can. What case are you using? What graphics card do you have? Could be other components contributing to the high temps if you don't have a case with good airflow.

tHuser123

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017

it is core temps. case is Antec - VSK-4350E-N ATX Mid Tower Case , card is gigabyte r9 380 oc 2b,

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I will tell you those stock coolers (unless it's the Wraith Cooler) are pretty crappy. Consider getting a better cooler, they are much quieter and cool better. 60 c is a little on the warm side. I have an FX 8320 and until I changed the stock cooler the fan would spin up like a jet engine. I don't recall what the temps were since it was a year ago but that fan noise was unbearable.

Solution
Core temps should not go above 62c. 80c is getting close to shutting down. You have a problem and you need to figure out if it's dust causing it. Perhaps too little thermal compound? It's something causing the temps to shoot up. Take the side panel off and see if that helps with temps.

I have an 8320 and 75c is too hot. Shortly after 80-85C you board will typically cut power for its own safety.

As stated you should be running an aftermarket cooler unless you got one with wraith cooler.
I have a 212 evo on mine and it now runs 51-53C being pegged at 100% for over an hour encoding on handbrake.

tHuser123

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017

I am getting "Cooler Master GeminII S524 Ver 2" cooler