Low fps with not a bad pc

Hello i don't know that much about computers. But i have a problem with low fps. For example i get lower then 50 fps on the witcher 3. I also get bad preformance on bf1. I have my graphic driver updated.

My system:
RAM: 16 gb ram
GPU: Gtx 1070
CPU: i5-6600


I don't know the reason behind my low preformance. Please help me .
14 answers Last reply
More about low fps bad
  1. Try the following tips:



    Ask if you want help on any of these.
  2. BF1 really pushes the CPU as it uses multiple threads. I don't know about Witcher 3.
  3. What psu? What resolution?

    Our CPUs are similar performance wise since yours isn't overclocked and I was sticking very near 60fps at 1440p/ultra/hairworks on.

    In BF1 I get about 90fps at 1080p/high.
  4. magmaniac said:
    Try the following tips:



    Ask if you want help on any of these.



    When i try to defrag it says that my c drive is in solid state and if I defrag it may reduce its life time. Should i still do it?
  5. magmaniac said:
    Try the following tips:



    Ask if you want help on any of these.



    When i try to defrag it says that my c drive is in solid state and if I defrag it may reduce its life time. Should i still do it?
  6. J_E_D_70 said:
    What psu? What resolution?

    Our CPUs are similar performance wise since yours isn't overclocked and I was sticking very near 60fps at 1440p/ultra/hairworks on.

    In BF1 I get about 90fps at 1080p/high.



    Emm. Idk what psu i know its 600w and the resolution is 1080p 144hz and i can get 40-50 fps drops.
  7. Do not defrag an ssd.

    Have you tried monitoring your cpu and gpu temps and usage during games or stress testing? OCCT is good for both.
  8. J_E_D_70 said:
    Do not defrag an ssd.

    Have you tried monitoring your cpu and gpu temps and usage during games or stress testing? OCCT is good for both.



    Here is a screenshot but I didi it with MSI afterburner . https://prnt.sc/ftqce3
  9. Did it ever run as expected then slowed down or is this a new build?

    Might try running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode then reinstalling the gpu driver fresh.
  10. J_E_D_70 said:
    Did it ever run as expected then slowed down or is this a new build?

    Might try running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode then reinstalling the gpu driver fresh.



    It never ran as expected. I looked up DDU but im scared of doing this bcz I read comments about having a lot of problems. Do you think evreything will be fine?
  11. I forgot to mention this, sorry. There's no need to defrag SSDs because they don't fragment, and it could potentially shorten the life, but don't panic if you did. Its not a big mistake.
  12. magmaniac said:
    I forgot to mention this, sorry. There's no need to defrag SSDs because they don't fragment, and it could potentially shorten the life, but don't panic if you did. Its not a big mistake.


    I did evreything else and it still performs the same. :(
  13. If u got 2 harddrives change the vitual paging file to the one that aint got your windows install on it.
    Also set the size to something less than windows think is right.
    Go something like initial 800 mb and max 1000 mb.
    You might have to try some different sizes theres no right or wrong here exept windows set it way to high and with 16gb ram it will just eat cpu.
    The important thing is you set it to another hdd and make it smaller.
    Also if you got any antivirus/firewall or something like that installed (including the windows native one) add an exeption for the .exe file.
    And also in the av/fw program open these ports:
    UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300.
    TCP: 80, 443, 5222, 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 42127.
    Try it and let us know if it worked or not.

    Cheers
  14. wennefre said:
    If u got 2 harddrives change the vitual paging file to the one that aint got your windows install on it.
    Also set the size to something less than windows think is right.
    Go something like initial 800 mb and max 1000 mb.
    You might have to try some different sizes theres no right or wrong here exept windows set it way to high and with 16gb ram it will just eat cpu.
    The important thing is you set it to another hdd and make it smaller.
    Also if you got any antivirus/firewall or something like that installed (including the windows native one) add an exeption for the .exe file.
    And also in the av/fw program open these ports:
    UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300.
    TCP: 80, 443, 5222, 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 42127.
    Try it and let us know if it worked or not.

    Cheers



    I don't have 2 hard drives.
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games RAM Computers Low FPS FPS