Solved

Is this PC build good for gaming

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600k 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4-300
Storage: 1.- Kingston - SSD Now V300 Series 120GB 2.5"
2.- Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING
Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build good gaming
  1. What is your budget?
  2. Jpr007 said:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 7600k 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
    Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4-300
    Storage: 1.- Kingston - SSD Now V300 Series 120GB 2.5"
    2.- Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: EVGA: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING
    Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: EVGA - 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

    well i don't see the reason why you are getting a k series cpu with a b250 mob get a z170-a or a z270-a mob then you can overclock with it.
  3. King Dranzer 1,000 dollars and sorry for the -1 I am new to this page and I clicked -1 accidentally
  4. parker_307 ok, thanks
  5. ya sure m8
  6. parker_307 I was searching and I found an Asus Prime Z270-A, is it any good?
  7. Jpr007 said:
    parker_307 I was searching and I found an Asus Prime Z270-A, is it any good?


    yes it is the same mobo i have it works awesome and looks awesome too
  8. So with that motherboard my build is now good to enter the PC Master Race?
  9. Best answer
    Here is the list:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($54.88 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.79 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Turbo OC Video Card ($524.49 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1057.12
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-10 11:17 EDT-0400

    This list is lot more powerful than the above list. Nearly 70% more powerful.
    Add second RAM stick in future. That can be added easily and not expensive like a GPU upgrade.
    I skipped the SSD as it shows no performance gains instead of improved boot time and faster data transfer between devices. Windows 10 boots in 10-15sec with a HDD which is not bad at all.
    All components are of high quality.
  10. Jpr007 said:
    So with that motherboard my build is now good to enter the PC Master Race?


    oh hell yea it is m8 :)
  11. King Dranzer said:
    Here is the list:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($54.88 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.79 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Turbo OC Video Card ($524.49 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1057.12
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-10 11:17 EDT-0400

    This list is lot more powerful than the above list. Nearly 70% more powerful.
    Add second RAM stick in future. That can be added easily and not expensive like a GPU upgrade.
    I skipped the SSD as it shows no performance gains instead of improved boot time and faster data transfer between devices. Windows 10 boots in 10-15sec with a HDD which is not bad at all.
    All components are of high quality.


    terible build
  12. Thanks! I should be more specific but my build is 700-800 because with the 200 dollars left I'll buy the operating system, a thermal compound, an optical drive, a wireless network adapter, a case fan, a keyboard, a mouse and headphones.
  13. parker_307 thanks so I'll change the motherboard and then buy the components.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Intel i5 Asus Motherboards Gtx PC Builds