2133 dual channel vs 2400 single channel

platte

Prominent
May 27, 2017
What gives best performance in games (mainly Overwatch), 2133lhz dual channel vs 2400mhz single channel? Thanks!

Solution
Most of the time. more ram trumps faster ram; particularly with Intel processors.
Less so with amd.

Dual channel is particularly important if you are using integrated graphics, less so if you will use a discrete graphics card.

Fancy heat spreaders are mostly marketing; ram really needs none at all.
Only overclocking hobbyists really need any kind of ram cooling.

danielbsipe

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Dual channel performs better than single channel, regardless of clock speed. And if your motherboard supports it, enable XMP (extreme memory profile) and overclock that RAM.

I have a cheap set of crucial RAM, 1600MHZ stock frequency, and I am stably overclocked to 2133MHZ.

platte

Prominent
May 27, 2017
I dont know much about computers so is there any like problems with overclocking, can the ram just stop working Cause IT gets to hot or something? Thanks for the help!

Most of the time. more ram trumps faster ram; particularly with Intel processors.
Less so with amd.

Dual channel is particularly important if you are using integrated graphics, less so if you will use a discrete graphics card.

Fancy heat spreaders are mostly marketing; ram really needs none at all.
Only overclocking hobbyists really need any kind of ram cooling.

Solution

danielbsipe

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

Even without overclocking, the dual channel will perform better than the single channel.
Common wisdom is two identical sticks of ram (2x8gb) is better than a single 16gb stick.