HD 7770 or HD 6850

TellMeICanRun6850

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
I have Platinum MS 400ATX P4 400W psu , my friend said i have only about 80-90W for a graphic card . I really really really want to get AMD Radeon HD 6850 Gigabyte edition , also i have an option to get AMD Radeon HD 7770 Sapphire GHz Edition, 7770 is a little cheaper but from what i've seen , the 6850 is way better , could my PSU handle it ? And im getting that 250W Thermaltake graphic card PSU for a few days , what is ur opinion?

Solution

That is not a good idea to add a second power supply when you can replace that MS power supply with a good model. You have a poor quality power supply, which is never good for a computer. Why spend...

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

no

the 7770 is a bit better than a 6850

you may have mixed it up with a 5770

TellMeICanRun6850

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

No , sorry , i didnt explain it nicely. Its like an another power supply , u put it where the disc is , each time u turn on ur pc , u have to switch it to on. its only connected to graphic card so graphic card gets power supply only from that power supply , sorry for bad english , hope u understood

That is not a good idea to add a second power supply when you can replace that MS power supply with a good model. You have a poor quality power supply, which is never good for a computer. Why spend money on a second power supply when you can get a single one that is good? You are adding more complexity and leaving a poor quality power supply in the computer. It is not a 400 watt power supply, it's about a 200 watt power supply, the main power should be on the 12V rail, in that MS unit that is under 170 watts.

Solution