Would 600 watts be safe enough to overclock an FX-8320e

Arsenal_17

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
I've had my PC for awhile now, and was looking into overclocking my CPU. As the title says, I was wondering if a 600 watt PSU would be safe enough to overclock with.
Parts - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JfXmcc
Any and all Overclocking tips are also greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for helping out!

Solution
While the 600B is not the best choice for OC'ing with, it should be safe to use with your system as listed.

Disable turbo mode and increase the CPU clock multiplier a click at a time, checking for temps and stability as you go. When you get an unstable result, you may be able to bump up the vcore a notch to make it stable and keep going. I like to keep that gen AMD processors at 1.5v max vcore, but some folks go higher.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
While the 600B is not the best choice for OC'ing with, it should be safe to use with your system as listed.

Disable turbo mode and increase the CPU clock multiplier a click at a time, checking for temps and stability as you go. When you get an unstable result, you may be able to bump up the vcore a notch to make it stable and keep going. I like to keep that gen AMD processors at 1.5v max vcore, but some folks go higher.

Solution

Arsenal_17

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017

Thanks alot for replying, I will definetly make sure the temps and stability are good.