Is my R5 1600 defective?

Sumitaser544

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
I just got a new R5 1600 and installed it on my Asus Prime B350M-K motherboard and whenever I try to set the multiplier to higher than 35 and save it the pc reboots at 35x only. Also my voltages are pretty high, I get 1.388 at 3.5 GHz and my peak temps are 75C. My PSU is Corsair VS550 and 16 GB DDR4 at 2666Mhz. Should I get a refund?

Solution
First do you have the latest motherboard bios 0805? If not update that first.
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-K/HelpDesk_Download/

Sumitaser544

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
I tried updating the BIOS but after I selected the option to reboot it gives me a beep-beep-beep sound and resets itself. This happens for about 3 times and then the PC starts normally. Once it gave me a message saying start PXE to IPv4. I pressed F1 and the PC rebooted normally. Which option should I pick for updating via internet, DHCP, PPPoE or Fixed IP? I have an Ethernet cable to it.

marko55

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
Can you please try to reset your BIOS to default settings, reboot, go back in to BIOS and ONLY apply your CPU overclock. Do not touch your memory settings (no XMP; nothing). The memory will run at 2133 but that's ok, just to test your CPU OC for now. Many times that act of your machine rebooting after 2-3 seconds of turning on three times, then POSTing successfully, is your BIOS trying to clock the RAM and not having success.

If the OC of the CPU works fine without touching memory settings, you'll have to change how fast you try to clock your memory at (2400 should be fine for any Ryzen system). We can address that later if needed...

Never use the internet option to update. Its to big a risk so stick to the safest way. Download the bios and uncompress to USB and do the update in bios.

Sumitaser544

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
Now when I restarted my PC it gives me this message

>Checking Media Presence
>Media Present
>Start PXE over IPv4

I somehow manged to boot my PC by pressing some random keys. Please help me

Sumitaser544

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
I downloaded the BIOS form the Asus website and when I fininshed downloading it I unzipped it and found a file with the extension .CAP Is this the file with which I have to update my BIOS or do I need ti modify anything? I'm really scared and don't want to brick my mobo or anything. Thanks and sorry for not posting for a while

Sumitaser544

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
Guys I wanted to say that I updated the BIOS and now my CPU works better with lower voltage of 1.384 max at 3.7 GHz. I wanted to thank everyone who helped me in solving this problem.