$600 or less gaming pc

T-Drizzle

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
I am trying to build a gaming pc on a budget of about $600 I can go a little over but am trying not to spend unnecessary money in places I dont need to be spending for someone who is new to this whole experience. Ive been doing a ton of research and watched countless videos on people building their pc's and how to pick the parts etc. So with that being said with my newfound knowledge and some help from pcpartpicker.com I've made what I think will be an alright pc but like I said I'm completely new to this and I'd feel safer if I got a nod from someone who has knowledge in this area before I pull the trigger.
CPU : Intel - Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor
MOBO: Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Graphics Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card
Power Supply:EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Case:Corsair - Air 240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case

With the memory I opted for just one stick of 8gb because the motherboard can handle 32gb and I figured it would be easy to later down the road just buy two more 8gb sticks to beef it up in case I want to do anything thats more intensive on that area then gaming later on in life. Other than that my goal here is to have something I can slowly upgrade but something will give me a great pc gaming experience right off the bat.

Solution
Yeah, they're trustworthy, some say their shipping times can be slow when a product is in high demand, although that's understandable.
I'd go with them tbh, I don't live in the US, so I wouldn't know, but the price is too good to pass up.

If any of you have any constructive feedback as to how I could improve my posting or message tone/manner, please let me know via PM. :)

amtseung

Distinguished
This is what I'd recommend. Intel I3's and I5's are pretty much pointless nowadays. If you could pull the budget a tad more, the R5 1600 is the best bang-for-the-buck CPU right now.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($156.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($78.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($105.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card ($145.33 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($26.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $596.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-25 02:35 EDT-0400

Can be GREATLY improved, you also want 2800MHz bare minimum, 3000MHz preferably at least to run Ryzen well.
A Ryzen 1600 would be a better fit imo, it allows for far better upgradability later, drop to 8GB RAM, 16 is unnecessary.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($197.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($81.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Video Card ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair - Carbide SPEC-04 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $612.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-25 03:02 EDT-0400

T-Drizzle

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

So if I were to go out and buy this exact build but just change the CPU to the R5 1600 that wouldn't affect the motherboard you recommended would it?

TrAAst

Respectable
Dec 15, 2016

Agree with this build, but upgrade to 16GB when you can afford it. 16GB is necessary in todays big games. You can look at all the benchmarks you like while looking at the avarage FPS, that doesn't tell the truth at all. The avarage will be very similar, but 8GB will have frequent split second dips in FPS, which means the game stutters.

T-Drizzle

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

I was just about to buy everything you recommended however when I added the totals up in my shopping carts on each website it came out to be $710. I did opt to purchase the graphics card and cpu from amazon which charged me some tax but only about $25 so I'm not exactly sure what happened that is tacking on an extra $75 almost
It was also the same case with the other build I was recommended it came out in my carts to be a little more then expected.

I apologize I just realized I went to buy the other recommended graphics card because they seemed very similar and I was unsure whether or not to trust Superbiiz

T-Drizzle

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

Yeah it probably has something to do with the fact that I just didnt know whether or not to trust SuperBiiz so on the surface it seemed more secure to order from somewhere like amazon and newegg despite the slight incline on prices here and there but the tax from amazon on top of that might be what's pushing the limits of my desired budget. Is SuperBiiz trustworthy? Ive seen some things saying they're slow and return policy is garbage

Yeah, they're trustworthy, some say their shipping times can be slow when a product is in high demand, although that's understandable.
I'd go with them tbh, I don't live in the US, so I wouldn't know, but the price is too good to pass up.

If any of you have any constructive feedback as to how I could improve my posting or message tone/manner, please let me know via PM. :)

Solution