i7-7700 reads as 0 processors in Windows 10

Yeah, I have just upgraded a PC from an i7-860 to an i7-7700 with a MSI z270-A Pro mobo.
After booting into windows 10 (yes, I was surprised it did), I right clicked on Start/System to show the About info.
The processor states "0 processors".
Looking at Task Manager it shows the new i7-7700 correctly and with all 8 cores, so why does the About info state it incorrectly ?

Solution
the problem is your trying to use your windows install on a completely different computer. windows does not have the right drivers. you need to do a clean install of windows after a major hardware change

Because you didn't re-install windows.
I agree with captaincharisma, you should re-install your OS after a motherboard and CPU change. That new CPU has new abilities.

Yes a clean install would be the preferred route but my customer didn't want to have to re-install all his progs again, so its running but has some issues. Ultimately, a re-build is likely to be the only option when other problems surface. I think dotnet is screwed up.
Is the Creators Update effectively a fresh install of Windows because that has not been done yet ?

well in that case iany other problems that customer has make sure you charge him for all of them