I7 7700 or Ryzen 7 1700

TheMicroDust

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
Im on a budget of £700 (no more than £700) and i want to build the best gaming and video creation pc for my money (I do understand it wont be the best pc ever made lol) . I have already got the psu, GPU, motherboard, RAM and all that sorted out but im just curious, should i go for an i7 7700 or a Ryzen 7 1700.

I will be looking to play GTA 5, CSGO, Scrap Mechanic and using Adobe after effects and other editing software.

Help appreciated! Thanks.

Solution
the i5 is beginning to show it's age, with 4c/4thread design struggling to maintain high framerates in some of the newest games....

I'd jump to the R5-1600 every time...the i5 should be a complete non-player for new system builders, IMO....

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
You can't have the motherboard sorted out, and still be deciding which of those CPUs to get. Also you would want very different ram for the two setups. Also you don't really want either of those CPUs on that budget if gaming. Your gpu is either already owned or way too weak.

TheMicroDust

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017

Yeah sorry i meant i had a list of different configs and i keep getting different advice so i may look at an i5 with a more powerful GPU. The original GPU i was looking at was a 4GB Nvidia 1050 ti Gigabyte OC Windforce. Most of the GPU's on Amazon are either sold out or they arent released yet. Would you recommend an i5 over an AMD processor? I dont have much experience with AMD but ive had some experience with intel. But thanks for the advice!

the i5 is beginning to show it's age, with 4c/4thread design struggling to maintain high framerates in some of the newest games....

I'd jump to the R5-1600 every time...the i5 should be a complete non-player for new system builders, IMO....

Solution

TheMicroDust

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017

Ok, well ive just made a r5 1600x config which should be ok... anyway these are the parts:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 WF2 3GB
Motherboard: Asus prime B350-plus
RAM: 8GB Corsair Single
1TB WD Blue

Hopefully thats an ok config, maybe u can tell me if that is good? And your first comment made me think to look at R5 1600x CPU's