$1300 Gaming rig wont play hardly any games. Help!

MrBraveran

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017
I built this rig about 3 years ago and have spent over $1600 on it but it books for $1300 now. With that kind of money in any rig you would think you should be able to play almost any game on the market smoothly even if you have to setup custom in game settings which is fine but this PC just will not run 90% of games out there. I have an amd fx-8370 with an amd sapphire readeon r9 fury and 20gb of 1866 ram, 2 2tb 7200rpm hard drives, an 850w evga gold psu and a few other parts that don't matter. This should run almost any game without any problems given the right settings. My roommates PC runs better than mine even though my parts are the higher tier. I just don't understand. All of my drivers are up to date so that's not the problem. I just can't figure it out. Please help!!! edit: I can play WoW and OverWatch on ultra witout any problem but if I try pubg or Rainbow six Siege or even Warface my rig craps out. It become extremly lagy to the point the games are unplayable. Internet is the problem as i get 100mbs down and 12mbs up.

MrBraveran

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017

My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 its the rev 3.0. No my CPU isn't overclocked. I used to have a gtx 980 that was stolen before I got the r9 fury. When I had the 980 I was able to play any game perfectly fine. I have looked at benchmarks comparing the 2 cards and they aren't on totally different levels when it come to performance so I should be able to play every game I used to with lower settings.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Okay now we're getting somewhere...

Download and run ddu to remove your graphics drivers and hopefully some of the old Nvidia pieces are still there causing problems. Then reinstall the AMD graphics drivers.

Your CPU wasn't the right choice 3 years ago and will slow down the fury in most games, but it shouldn't give you unplayable results. That is a good board for your cpu so that's not the issue.

Final thought download and run MSI afterburner and see what CPU and GPU temps and load % are and report them here. (Max figures after a decenly long session on one of the games that it plays bad)

MrBraveran

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017

I just did everything as you said. After an hour long session my GPU max temp was 71c and my CPU mas % was 100%. Unfortunately The games performance was the same. I played Rainbow six Siege on very low graphics settings and it was still very lagy. Edit: I forgot, I have the Sapphire Radeon r9 NITRO. I don't know if that makes a difference just thought I would let you know.

MrBraveran

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017

So basically I need a new CPU? Well, I was going to upgrade to the Ryzen soon anyway.