100% CPU Load? The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

JackalRVD

Commendable
Jul 23, 2017
So I play this game (rainbow 6 siege) pretty much max settings without a problem.

However... i noticed my CPU hits 100% load (on all four cores) during gameplay (CPU is i5-7500) , the temperature during this 100% load reached a max of 64 degrees but i'd say fluctuates around 60 degrees (Celsius).

(this 100% load thing seems to be an issue for a lot of people - the quick fix is turn vsync on but I'd like to run it w/o vsync for reduced input lag)

My Q was, would having my CPU @ 100% /w 55-65 degrees celcius temp for extended periods of time be bad/detrimental in anyway to the health of my system? The temp doesnt seem that high and I dont get lag spikes as a result of the cpu during game playbut wanted to make sure

Solution
If it's not causing lag or stutter, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The temps aren't too bad, so you're not necessarily cooking your chip by doing so.

pohemi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
If it's not causing lag or stutter, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The temps aren't too bad, so you're not necessarily cooking your chip by doing so.

Solution