Solved

The best gtx 1060?

So I've been doing some research and I found that the GTX 1060 is a pretty fairly budget good GPU. So one thing that always confuses me while doing this research is what GTX 1060 is the best? I'm not very good with computers that is why I need your help for this. I want a good GTX 1060 but lower than 250$. I heard the SC version by EVGA was good but I don't know because someone else said it wasn't worth it for the price but I don't know for sure. It will be greatly appreciated if someone can get back to me on this. Thank you!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx 1060
  1. Best answer
    If warranty is important to you, Evga is the best of the bunch. And they sell one of the better cards on the market. I have and have had several. But finding one less than $250 will put you in the 3GB version. I don't think the 6GB version is available at that price at this time. Still not a bad card. I would probably go for the Evga, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte in that order.
  2. clutchc said:
    If warranty is important to you, Evga is the best of the bunch. And they sell one of the better cards on the market. I have and have had several. But finding one less than $250 will put you in the 3GB version. I don't think the 6GB version is available at that price at this time. Still not a bad card. I would probably go for the Evga, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte in that order.

    Thank you I was considering the SC of EVGA and you made up my mind thanks!
  3. zack_41 said:
    clutchc said:
    If warranty is important to you, Evga is the best of the bunch. And they sell one of the better cards on the market. I have and have had several. But finding one less than $250 will put you in the 3GB version. I don't think the 6GB version is available at that price at this time. Still not a bad card. I would probably go for the Evga, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte in that order.

    Thank you I was considering the SC of EVGA and you made up my mind thanks!



    Be sure to register your new card with Evga when you get it up and running on your system. That will insure that your warranty will be in effect. Plus, you'll be allowed to download Evga Precision. Great little app for serious OC'ing if that is something you want to do.
  4. clutchc said:
    zack_41 said:
    clutchc said:
    If warranty is important to you, Evga is the best of the bunch. And they sell one of the better cards on the market. I have and have had several. But finding one less than $250 will put you in the 3GB version. I don't think the 6GB version is available at that price at this time. Still not a bad card. I would probably go for the Evga, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte in that order.

    Thank you I was considering the SC of EVGA and you made up my mind thanks!



    Be sure to register your new card with Evga when you get it up and running on your system. That will insure that your warranty will be in effect. Plus, you'll be allowed to download Evga Precision. Great little app for serious OC'ing if that is something you want to do.

    I'm not going to be doing a warranty but... https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-6367-KR this card has the highest base clocked MHZ so I think this will be the card I'm getting I know it doesn't make the biggest difference but I still want the most performance... this card is the most expensive EVGA 3gb model I know of but still it doesn't really matter to me I just want the highest performance version of this card. EDIT: I guess the card comes with the warranty so I guess I will be getting it but I probably wouldn't if it had costed extra. Thank you for your help.
  5. The FTW is a great card. I had one back when the GTX 970 was hot. Every Evga card I've owned has always come out-of-the-box clocked higher than the rated specs. And yes, their warranty is always free with the card. I've owned 8 new Evga cards as best I can remember, and never had to use the warranty ever. My oldest one is an ancient GTX 8800 GTS (!)... and it is still working flawlessly. All I've ever done is replace the thermal paste after it dried out.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx GPUs