~$1000 gaming pc build, intel pls

fiwyegftUKETF

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
hey, i need a build around $1000 that would allow me to play games, such as cs go, overwatch, battlefield 1, etc. at high settings. I dont care a lot about the looks, only performance. I need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. The monitor needs to have a decent refresh rate so i can play at over 200 fps for cs go. Other games at 60fps. I will also be doing video recording and editing too. Thanks!

Solution
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6MHqZ8

I don't have mouse/keyboard but that's my build so far.

Please don't go cheap out on the motherboard. The one I chose appears pretty good for the price and should have a 5-year warranty (use the CD after you install Windows. UPDATE: mean to say to REGISTER the Warranty).

*People I trust have gotten keys from Kinguin (dot net) for W10 64-bit for a lot cheaper and they seem to work just fine. You can actually download W10 (which you have to do for Kinguin anyway), create install media then if you don't pay for a license people tell me you just get a watermark and notices to upgrade (and can't modify desktop wallpaper but apparently there's a workaround).

To install W10 for Kinguin or no license you...
Before I make a build, I'll just state it's likely to be a 60Hz monitor. You can however output 200FPS+ with the right hardware. What you end up with is multiple, partial frames per refresh but when it's high enough it may not show much obvious SCREEN TEAR and is more responsive than normal 60FPS VSYNC ON.

I doubt the budget would justify a 144Hz monitor but I'll see.

Slow Pri

Respectable
Feb 29, 2016
For reference I use a 60Hz Ultrawide monitor with around the specs I spent a little under $1000.

Avg FPS CSGO: 180-255FPS (2560x1080) High-Very High Settings
Avg FPS Battlefield 1: Around 60-75FPS Med-High

Expect my GPU is a 1050ti 4GB SSC instead of a 1060 or even 1070 paired w/ i5-7400.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6MHqZ8

I don't have mouse/keyboard but that's my build so far.

Please don't go cheap out on the motherboard. The one I chose appears pretty good for the price and should have a 5-year warranty (use the CD after you install Windows. UPDATE: mean to say to REGISTER the Warranty).

*People I trust have gotten keys from Kinguin (dot net) for W10 64-bit for a lot cheaper and they seem to work just fine. You can actually download W10 (which you have to do for Kinguin anyway), create install media then if you don't pay for a license people tell me you just get a watermark and notices to upgrade (and can't modify desktop wallpaper but apparently there's a workaround).

To install W10 for Kinguin or no license you do this:
1) Microsoft site-> https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
2) download the tool
3) insert 8GB thumb stick (preferably) or DVD-DL (supposedly but I just tried and it appears to be under 4GB)
4) run the tool, choose version (i.e. W10 Home 64-bit) and let it download and create the media

then
5) build PC
6) update UEFI (BIOS)
7) MEMTEST86 www.memtest86.com (for a full pass)
8) boot to W10 media, and install (have key if applicable; have MSN or suitable e-mail + password for login to use as account)

9) test for several days
10) Overclock
11) get another HDD of SSD eventually so you can make a backup Image

*I recommend you make the first partition (C-drive) 200GB or less, and put a STEAM folder on the 2nd partiton (i.e. E:\Steam2). Add folder from within Steam settings. By doing this you can easily CLONE the Windows partition to a 250GB SSD later then delete and recover that space on the HDD.

OTHER:
Get FAN CONTROL software from motherboard site to optimize the fan profile (i.e. 30% max RPM to 50degC then ramp up.. just an example but max CPU under heavy, real-world workload should be about 75degC)

Solution