i7 - 950 Overheating,help!

MartinPaskalev

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
My i7-950 seems to be overheating,im using a coolermaster tx3 and it stays at 50 degrees Celsius idle,running aida64 it goes to the 80's.
Fan is working,i've put arctic silver 5 as a thermal compound,a rice grain of it. Still temperatures are too high. Any suggestions ?

Solution
A rice grain might not be enough. Remove the heatsink to see how far the rice grain spread. If it looks a bit mean and does not seem to cover the majority of the heatsink footprint, try a pea size. It does not matter if it splurts out a bit.
Also, your i7-950 is getting old. It might be time to retire it and move into the modern world.
A rice grain might not be enough. Remove the heatsink to see how far the rice grain spread. If it looks a bit mean and does not seem to cover the majority of the heatsink footprint, try a pea size. It does not matter if it splurts out a bit.
Also, your i7-950 is getting old. It might be time to retire it and move into the modern world.

Solution

MartinPaskalev

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Thank you alot,didn't expect it to make such a difference!
P.S for the upgrading part,I live in Bulgaria,and minimal wage here is really low and CPU prices are pretty high and the 950 performs pretty much like a i5-6500 when overclocked.