R7 1700 with H100i v2 extremely high temps

Jesse_104

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
I have a Ryzen 1700 paired with a H100i V2 AIO cooler in a Corsair 400C. Running 1 exhaust fan on the back, one exhaust fan on top and 2 intake fans on the radiator.

When I overclock my CPU to 3.6ghz (1.26V) I was getting 40-50c idle temps and upwards of 82 (75-82) while gaming (playing PUBG gives me around 20% load).

Even when I run the CPU on stock settings I'm getting 53c while playing PUBG. I've tried reseating the cooler block, reapplied aftermarket (Arctic MX-5) paste and nothing's changed. Could it be my Gigabyte Gaming 3 mobo?

Solution
That 20C offset thing was only for X series CPUs in Ryzen, and has actually be resolved with updated BIOS.

So OP, is your BIOS updated?
Also those temps don't mean anything if we don't know your ambient temps.
82C isn't that high really either, for gaming.
40-50c idle is probably higher than it should be.
THe airflow for your case isn't super great, like try taking off the front dust filter and give it a few hours to see if temps improve.
That 20C offset thing was only for X series CPUs in Ryzen, and has actually be resolved with updated BIOS.

So OP, is your BIOS updated?
Also those temps don't mean anything if we don't know your ambient temps.
82C isn't that high really either, for gaming.
40-50c idle is probably higher than it should be.
THe airflow for your case isn't super great, like try taking off the front dust filter and give it a few hours to see if temps improve.

Solution