Which 1070 would be better to buy?

Damiaan

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017
hello,

So I am looking to upgrade my Palit GeForce GTX 770 2gb windforce edition to either an Asus GeForce Strix GTX 1070 O8G or Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 and cannot decide which on is "better".
If someone could inform me on which one is a better purchase and why, that would be great :)

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I have a method to pick between equally performing products.
Go to Newegg and find the candidates.
Filter on the reviews by verified buyers.
Then look at what percent of the reviews have zero or one eggs indicating some sort of a problem.
In particular, look at the reasons for a bad review. Some are not very valid, so exclude those.

In this case, each card has a negative review(0 or 1 egg) rate of 11%.
A Quick look for GTX1070 shows EVGA GTX1070 FTW at 6% if it is an option to you

Lutfij

Titan
Can you pass on a link to what you're seeing in your regions(pricing wise)? Are they both 8GB versions? Get either of them unless they are both priced differently. Are you sure the rest of your system can accept the GPU upgrade? Please list them as:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's 2 versions of the Asus ROG, one at 1.51GHz, the other at 1.63GHz. The Gigabyte G1 is at 1.56GHz. Both OC well with simple click boosts or even more complicated user settings. They are all 3 top-line gpus in the 1070 enthusiast class there's no real difference in ability or performance that you couldn't solve. So just pick the cheaper, or pick the better looking to your taste, you'll not be unhappy with either of them.

Damiaan

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017

Ofcourse, yes, I forgot to mention quite important details.
CPU: i7-3820K
Motherboard: MSI X79A-GD45 (8D) (MS-7760)
RAM: 16gb DDR3 (Dual channel)
HDD: Seagate barracuda 2TB (can't find details, maybe it's important to mention that it has been working for a bit over 3 years now?)
GPU: Current: Palit GeForce GTX 770 2gb Windforce | want to buy: sus GeForce Strix GTX 1070 O8G
PSU: 700W coolermaster (can't figure out it's details, it only has a power table on the side)
chassis: Cooler Master HAF 912

So the asus card costs 600 euros and the gigabyte 520 euros, both 8gb versions and asus is clocked in at 1657 base, gigabyte at 1620 which seems quite negligible, or am I wrong? both 8GB cards.

My entire rig is a bit over 3 years old now by the way, this didn't come to mind until just now.

I have a method to pick between equally performing products.
Go to Newegg and find the candidates.
Filter on the reviews by verified buyers.
Then look at what percent of the reviews have zero or one eggs indicating some sort of a problem.
In particular, look at the reasons for a bad review. Some are not very valid, so exclude those.

In this case, each card has a negative review(0 or 1 egg) rate of 11%.
A Quick look for GTX1070 shows EVGA GTX1070 FTW at 6% if it is an option to you

Solution
Basically all those are still going to perform the same within margin of error. it has been bench marked by many youtubers.

Get whatever has the best user rating. or whatever your preference is.

I went with MSI just because that is my preference is. They tend to have good cooling and factory OC is nice.