1060 Doesn't Seem to Turn on. No display by plugging directly into MOBO either

AndrewP523

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
I turned on my pc this morning only to notice through the case window that my EVGA GTX 1060 3gb did not light up, and I got no display on my monitor.
I was told to update the bios but I can't do that without seeing what I'm doing. I plugged my monitor directly into the mobo and removed the gpu but I still get no display. I have been using this pc for a couple weeks with no issue until today.
Specs are listed below

MSI Tomahawk B350
Ryzen 1600x
EVGA GTX 1060 3GB
8gb corsair gskill ram
Corsair CX600 power supply
Corsair H60 cooler

UPDATE EDIT:
Tried an old GPU I had sitting around with no luck. There is one beep upon booting but I'm not sure what it means. Cpu cooler fan does not spin, neither does exhaust fan or gpu.

AndrewP523

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Yes it turns on and gets power. MOBO lights up, fans spin
I tried monitor and a 32 inch tv plugged in HDMI but I don't have another monitor to test. The monitor turns on and gives the error for no signal then goes to sleep.

AndrewP523

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
No display from any port. The gpu fans aren't spinning or lighting up. If it's dead, so be it. But what worries me is not getting a display even when I'm plugged into the mobo

AndrewP523

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Nope. I have zero display no matter what I try. I cannot see anything in order to update the bios or try any other fixes

Yeah if the integrated graphics is disable you wont see anything and if your external GPU died. Well your kinda shit out of luck there : /

One option would be to barrow a GPU from a friend so you can at least turn on integrated graphics on your GPU or buy a cheapo GPU just so you can get a display back to make that change.

AndrewP523

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Yeah it's a pain. I'll try to use a different GPU. I think I have an old 660 sitting around

That motherboard relies on an APU with an integrated graphics chip for graphics without an add-on graphics card.

Since the Ryzen family currently does not have an integrated graphics chip, a graphics card is the only way to get any graphics output from your system.

Replace that faulty graphics card & you should be good to go.

AndrewP523

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

I did not know this. Thank you. I'm trying another GPU right now

AndrewP523

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Since I had no case fans running, my brother told me to swap the power supply. Which happened to be the only component I didn't replace when I build this pc. So in went a 750w and she fired right up. So far so good. Thanks everyone for all your help!! I usually find my answers on this site but this isnthe first time I have had to log in and post. Your input is greatly appreciated

AndrewP523

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

I definitely can appreciate that! Unfortunately I didn't have any other means of testing things. No other monitor, old gpu was no good also. So I had to bite the bullet and buy it. Thankfully it seems ok now. I need it for work so this was dire. Thanks again for your help