RX 460- Memorry errors in HW Info

Adec001

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
Gigabyte rx 460 randomly crashing while playing Overwatch. HW info showing 619 GPU errors.
Is this a faulty card, or issue can be related to something else?

Card is not overheating. I have everything at default, with only a fan curve bit more agressive in MSI afterburner.
Am running latest AMD drivers.

Rest of my rig:

AMD ii x4 B97-stock
Medion MS 7646 mobo
Corsair cx-400W PSU
8gb of DDR3 ram
Win 7 64bit Home premium

Adec001

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

Hello sir, thank you for your response. If I reset the fan curve to default the GPU fans go off until it reaches 50C I think, and since its summer, and my Micro ATX case, GPU idles at arround 45-50C which am not really happy with, thats why I set custom fan curve and have fans run all the time, at lower speed atleast. Idk if setting up custom fan curve can cause game crashes?

I installed WhoCrashed and it showed two previous crashes, but not the one from 2 days ago. I guess there wasnt any minidump, since only Overwatch crashed, but Radeon Settings did pop up with message that it reverted itself to default due to crash/error/something.

Anyway here are 2 reports it found:

On Fri 28.7.2017 1:56:53 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (0xFFFFF88004A28640)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA8008D87010, 0xFFFFF88004A28640, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

On Fri 28.7.2017 1:48:16 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072817-25209-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0xF640)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA8006E3D010, 0xFFFFF88004532640, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Hopefully you can suggest, what to do next :)

Adec001

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

I am already running latest gpu driver. Ran the memtest before, it was fine. Might do it again, since it has been few months.
So, do you think disabling fan curve will really help, I guess that means I should remove MSI afterburner, since the only reason I have it is to set up custom fan curve.

Adec001

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

well the problem is, the crashes are very rare and hard to replicate, so am really thinking is could be the driver issue, and me running win7 without any windows update :D
I will soon upgrade to win 10 install all updates and fresh drivers and give that a go..