gt 1030 as dedicated physx card for gtx 1050 ti .

mimo16

Reputable
May 3, 2015
hello guys,
i am planning to buy a dedicated gpu for physx . i have a gtx 1050 ti oc (zotac) as my primary gpu, but in physx intensive scenes , the fps drops to a stutter like 25 to 30 fps in batman arkham knight. so , i was planning to buy a gt 1030 (368 cuda cores) for this purpose, but it has a very low bandwith like 48 gbps.

my motherboard is an asus pro 970 gaming aura which is sli as well as crossfire capable. also, i have seen in this forum that people are suggesting a gtx 750 ti (640 cores) as a physx card for many rigs.

i want to know whether the gt 1030 will bottleneck the gtx 1050 ti in physx , or should i go with gtx 750 ti or a gtx 1050 as a physx card.

logainofhades

Titan
Dedicated physx card is a waste of money. That title is a horribly optimized port. As you have an FX board, your CPU isn't doing you any favors either. Even with a faster card, or the waste of money Physx, you simply are not going to do much better.

CPU_01.png

to be blunt. physx is not and has never been anything more than a gimmick in the dozen or so titles that use it. more often than not it was used as a detritus enginge. in that it just puts bits of junk on the screen.
there are lots of games that use physics in there games and run them perfectly fine off the cpu.
but physx has pretty much been a running joke since day 1. seriously mate. cod 4 was a classic example. physics off the enemys would slump realisticly into a heap when you shot em.
turn physx on you get a shower of sparks and its like the enemy got FUS RO DAH! 'd across the map when they were shot with anything more powerful than a 45acp round.
as for batman... whoa the cape flutters when physx is on... when its off. guess what the cape still fluttered :/

so please just forget about it. its not worth any money you throw at it. regardless of cost. if you bought a dedicated gpu for physx. sell it and put that money towards something more worthy like better cooling or a boot ssd(if you dont have 1 already).