120 mm Fan Case Recommendation

NonTechSavvySheep

Honorable
Apr 15, 2016
I need recommendation about fan case. I think I will have three of them

One on the front
One on the rear
One on the top

As long it has adequate cooling and doesn't worn down fast.
And not too expensive. Is $10 per fan enough to get a decent case fans?

I do not overclock at all. I am just a casual gamer.

Now I have I5 6500 with aftermarket cpu cooler.

I just want the whole PC runs cool. I currently have 1 case fans on the rear. Might have to replace it.

Solution
There are other alternatives for sure... like "Cougar" which is another one I have and it's a good fan with efficient air flow. Also what do you mean by there will be any compromises?

To choose the best Fan you've got to make some comparisons and see reviews regarding it's resistance and reliability. It differs from each persons perspective and for what goal you may want to achieve, for example in your case you said yourself you are a "casual gamer" so I guess any Corsair, or any matchable fan with similar aspects would be good enough for you, it also depends on some many other things like - Environmental conditions, the place where you play, the place you live, the size of your case, cable management they will all impact on your case...

NonTechSavvySheep

Honorable
Apr 15, 2016

Is there any alternative? How about be quiet pure wings 2? When I checked my local store. That Corsair cost almost three times. Will there be any compromises?

What are the trades of when choosing fan case? Like bearing, lifespan, RPM, CFM, dBA? I need more knowledge. I also want to learn. So not merely just asking the recommendation.

I heard sleeve bearing is cheap but doesn't last long. So far my hsf uses sleeve bearing.

FabioXN7

Respectable
Jul 18, 2017
There are other alternatives for sure... like "Cougar" which is another one I have and it's a good fan with efficient air flow. Also what do you mean by there will be any compromises?

To choose the best Fan you've got to make some comparisons and see reviews regarding it's resistance and reliability. It differs from each persons perspective and for what goal you may want to achieve, for example in your case you said yourself you are a "casual gamer" so I guess any Corsair, or any matchable fan with similar aspects would be good enough for you, it also depends on some many other things like - Environmental conditions, the place where you play, the place you live, the size of your case, cable management they will all impact on your case air flow, so you can't just rely on a fan potencial only. As for dba, any quiet edition should be good enough for you, watch some reviews regarding the noise levels of each fan that you may find it good to afford. I myself would preferably go with a quiet one just like I did with both Corsair and Cougar fan. I can't hear any noise but the natural air flow going in and out the case, but only if I get my ear close enough to listen to it... otherwise everything remains silent, the same goes for the Cougar fan. As for CFM, fans with higher CFM tend to be more efficient hence it may become more noisy sometimes, but I wouldn't mind much about it since most of quality fans are compatible with fan controllers if you have one.. that will allow you to adjust the fan speed according to your needs. But mostly for games people don't usually touch that much not that I'm aware off. Also in all my experience with computers, I had only one cheap crappy fan that died on me all the rest that was pretty crap too, did the job for both gaming and normal tasks.

Solution