100% gpu, cpu usage

RuthlessGamer02

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Is there any problem if my gpu or cpu usage reaches 100% and if they are on a high temperature like 60 degrees. (GPU- Zotac Gtx 1050 ti mini and CPU-Ryzen 3 1200 3.8 oc)

Solution
GTX1050 temperature limit is between 90 and 100c, and ryzen is something around 80 or 90, so you're Temp's are very good.

Using your GPU and CPU at full load WHEN GAMING isn't actually a problem, if you think hitting 100% usage on GPU/CPU will reduce the durability from your hardware you're wrong, it's totally fine. The problem with playing at full load is that you can experience stuttering and FPS drop, it become usual because if you're playing and the usages just stucks at 100% all the time, any time that the game or some program require more from your CPU/GPU they won't be available to supply it, that's when the PC freezes or just drop massively the FPS.

If you're not experiencing anything I just mentioned and/or the usages are...

Natan_3

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
GTX1050 temperature limit is between 90 and 100c, and ryzen is something around 80 or 90, so you're Temp's are very good.

Using your GPU and CPU at full load WHEN GAMING isn't actually a problem, if you think hitting 100% usage on GPU/CPU will reduce the durability from your hardware you're wrong, it's totally fine. The problem with playing at full load is that you can experience stuttering and FPS drop, it become usual because if you're playing and the usages just stucks at 100% all the time, any time that the game or some program require more from your CPU/GPU they won't be available to supply it, that's when the PC freezes or just drop massively the FPS.

If you're not experiencing anything I just mentioned and/or the usages are hitting 100% sometimes, but not stuck at it, there's nothing to worry about.

Solution
100% usage is not an issue, and if the CPU or GPU overheats it will just THROTTLE the frequency down to stay in temperature.

The CPU is the only concern really since it can stay below the recommended (75degC load?) if cooling is insufficient which over time will degrade the CPU more quickly.

I believe HWMonitor from CPUID is the recommended tool to monitor the CORE temperatures.

Use a demanding program but not a stress test like Prime95. Converting a video with Handbrake when the CPU is near 100% usage is a good test to see where it's maxing.

(You'll find some confusing info on the net as Ryzen was giving incorrect temperature values to most software. I believe 75degC is about the right value recommended and again HW Monitor to verify that.)

*I can't find an OFFICIAL link from AMD for temperature guide.

There are recommended limits and limits that a component will thermal-throttle to protect itself. I think the GTX1050 (most cards) would start throttling closer to 80degC, whereas the CPU's seem to throttle above the recommended value for optimal LIFESPAN of the product.

Usually for the graphics card you can just leave things alone (I probably wouldn't overclock the GTX1050Ti mini since it may end up fluctuating the temperature too much), but for the CPU it's best to make sure you stay near or lower than the "optimal" value for CPU life.

Again, AMD doesn't mention this value where I can find it. An official LINK for this would be nice. It's also hard for Intel but they appear to suggest 75degC (though laptops often go into the 80's and are fine though again there is "optimal" and not).

RuthlessGamer02

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

I don't have that build yet. I am thinking to buy it. I am just saying 60 degrees, what if it goes to like 79 degrees as i have seen on Internet? Thanks for the HELP....

Hardware Brad

Notable
Jul 24, 2017

Like the others mentioned 79 is still within normal max temperatures of a GPU. Playing higher end games, most graphics cards will stay in the 70c and older cards may sit in the low 80c.