Solved

CPU power connector

I'm buying a cable extension for my cpu power connector, i have a motherboard with 4pin connector and a PSU with a 4pin connector.
1. https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/cnj-img/images/72/72JxsHWDmc0c
Can this cable extension split into 2 4pin connectors on both sides?
2. How do i know which PSU cable is the cpu power connector? I have a gpu with no power connectors so i can't tell which cable is for the cpu
3. What connector does the cryorig h7 fan have (3pin or 4pin)?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu power connector
  1. 1) No, that appears to be a one piece 8-pin cable. 4+4 pin extensions are usually shown split.
    2) The CPU power connector has a different pinout that the PCIe cable and won't fit. And should be labeled as such. Plus they are wired in revers polarity from each other.
    3) The Cryorig H7 cooler has a 4-wire PWM fan attached.
  2. clutchc said:
    1) No, that appears to be a one piece 8-pin cable. 4+4 pin extensions are usually shown split.
    2) The CPU power connector has a different pinout that the PCIe cable and won't fit. And should be labeled as such. Plus they are wired in revers polarity from each other.
    3) The Cryorig H7 cooler has a 4-wire PWM fan attached.

    Thanks for the reply
    Will the 8pin power connector fit into 4pin without splitting?
    Because there are literally no 4pin connectors in slovenia to buy
  3. newatpcbuilding said:

    Will the 8pin power connector fit into 4pin without splitting?
    Because there are literally no 4pin connectors in slovenia to buy


    I don't think so. Not w/o modifying the connector or header. Both bad ideas. What PSU do you have that provides a 8-pin CPU power cable that is not split?? Nothing like that sold retail here in the US that I am aware of.
  4. clutchc said:
    newatpcbuilding said:

    Will the 8pin power connector fit into 4pin without splitting?
    Because there are literally no 4pin connectors in slovenia to buy


    I don't think so. Not w/o modifying the connector or header. Both bad ideas. What PSU do you have that provides a 8-pin CPU power cable that is not split?? Nothing like that sold retail here in the US that I am aware of.

    My psu's cable can be split (2x 4) but the extension i have is non-splittable and that's what i'm worried about
  5. Oh yeah. I forgot you mentioned that. Why not just use a 4-wire CPU power cable extension? Or did you want the sexy white wires?
  6. clutchc said:
    Oh yeah. I forgot you mentioned that. Why not just use a 4-wire CPU power cable extension? Or did you want the sexy white wires?

    Yeah i want the sexy white wires 'cause you know one wire at a time makes the pc shine but if there is really no other solution i'll try to stretch my original psu cable but it's too short. It's not in english but does this look okay to you?
    http://www.so-doo.si/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_114_124&product_id=10235
  7. newatpcbuilding said:
    clutchc said:
    Oh yeah. I forgot you mentioned that. Why not just use a 4-wire CPU power cable extension? Or did you want the sexy white wires?

    Yeah i want the sexy white wires 'cause you know one wire at a time makes the pc shine but if there is really no other solution i'll try to stretch my original psu cable but it's too short. It's not in english but does this look okay to you?
    http://www.so-doo.si/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_114_124&product_id=10235



    That would work for you as a work-around.
    Can you shop Amazon Europe? I found this EPS extension (white) on Amazon Deutchland.
  8. clutchc said:
    newatpcbuilding said:
    clutchc said:
    Oh yeah. I forgot you mentioned that. Why not just use a 4-wire CPU power cable extension? Or did you want the sexy white wires?

    Yeah i want the sexy white wires 'cause you know one wire at a time makes the pc shine but if there is really no other solution i'll try to stretch my original psu cable but it's too short. It's not in english but does this look okay to you?
    http://www.so-doo.si/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_114_124&product_id=10235



    That would work for you as a work-around.
    Can you shop Amazon Europe? I found this EPS extension (white) on Amazon Deutchland.

    I'd rather not i don't have a paypal i gues i'll just try to plug the connector in and if it doesn't work i'll maybe buy a molex to 4 pin eps power connector if that would work?
  9. Best answer
    newatpcbuilding said:

    I'd rather not i don't have a paypal i gues i'll just try to plug the connector in and if it doesn't work i'll maybe buy a molex to 4 pin eps power connector if that would work?


    Paypal? Amazon doesn't even take paypal (at least not here in the US). They accept all credit/debit cards though.

    But to answer your question, yes. The Molex to EPS will work. A single Molex to 4-pin is fine. But if you were to have an 8-pin header on a motherboard, it would be best to find a dual Molex to 8-pin adapter and plug into Molexes from different PSU daisy chains.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Motherboards Cable Extension CPUs