Solved

i5 7500 vs R5 1500x

Which is the best cpu for gaming and doing other stuffs like programming? I am planning to use that cpu for at least 5-8 years.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7500 1500x
  1. If you really plan to keep the same CPU for 5+ years, I'd strongly recommend spending $30 more for the R5-1600.
  2. InvalidError said:
    If you really plan to keep the same CPU for 5+ years, I'd strongly recommend spending $30 more for the R5-1600.

    Why not i5? Moreover I heard that amd cpus get hotter and I am gonna use the stock cooler.
  3. A. The Stock cooler of the Ryzen CPUs is much better that the one supplied by Intel
    B. The i5 has 4 cores with 1 thread each. The 1600 has 6 cores with 2 threads each, resulting in 3 times as many threads as the i5 which will make a difference in the future

    imo: 1600 > 1500x > i5-7500
    especially if we're talking 5-8 years
  4. Isokolon said:
    A. The Stock cooler of the Ryzen CPUs is much better that the one supplied by Intel
    B. The i5 has 4 cores with 1 thread each. The 1600 has 6 cores with 2 threads each, resulting in 3 times as many threads as the i5 which will make a difference in the future

    imo: 1600 > 1500x > i5-7500
    especially if we're talking 5-8 years


    Thank you. I have one more query.
    Should I use 1050ti for gaming and will I be able to play games at 1080p for the next 5 years?
  5. Hasin_Sadique22 said:
    Should I use 1050ti for gaming and will I be able to play games at 1080p for the next 5 years?

    Depends on the games you want to play, the level of detail you want to play them at and what the minimum acceptable frame rates are for you. If you don't mind turning down details, then a 1050Ti can last 5+ years. If you like to crank details up and have a steady 60fps in the more graphically intensive current games, then a 1050Ti is already not enough.
  6. Isokolon said:
    A. The Stock cooler of the Ryzen CPUs is much better that the one supplied by Intel
    B. The i5 has 4 cores with 1 thread each. The 1600 has 6 cores with 2 threads each, resulting in 3 times as many threads as the i5 which will make a difference in the future

    imo: 1600 > 1500x > i5-7500
    especially if we're talking 5-8 years

    But in some reviews I saw the i5 7500 and 7600 gives better FPS than ryzen r5 1600.
  7. Best answer
    Hasin_Sadique22 said:
    But in some reviews I saw the i5 7500 and 7600 gives better FPS than ryzen r5 1600.

    Depends on the games with older games tending to be worse for Ryzen than newer ones. Some newer games are better threaded and fare better on Ryzen. With future games likely to be more heavily threaded, you can expect Ryzen to pull ahead of the i5 more often over time so buying the i5 (or even the i7) over the 1600 based on past and present games is more likely to leave you hung out to dry sooner than the 1600.

    Once the 1% lows are on par with monitor refresh rates, which CPU is better doesn't matter much as the impact on perceived performance will be slim to none. Beyond that point, we are speculating on future futureproofing and the 1600 looks like a much safer bet than the i5-7xxx to me and many other people.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Programming CPUs Intel i5