i5-7500 stock cooler?

trickytommy

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
Hi!
I am buying a new computer, and i'll have an i5-7500 in it.

I am a bit confused because i have two options:
1) 250GB SSD
2) 120GB SSD + Gammaxx CPU Cooler

I would use i5 for rendering, gaming, 3d modelling, and heavy multitasking. Should i consider the second option? Also, it is a bit risky, because i don't know if the seller could make this choice possible, however, it has been discussed in email, that they think it would be possible, but they said something like the other hardware would not be the same, because their products come in "all-in-one" packages, i will discuss this with them. It is a trustworthy seller, but they are not replying me, i'll try to resend the last mail, it might was i sent the mail to a wrong address. Anyways, would the CPU throttle and get suffocated? I have one fan in the case.

trickytommy

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

look, yet i don't have the computer, i am planning to buy it in september. i searched for stock cooler temps, but i haven't find anything yet.

manddy123

Admirable

There are programs that make those temp reads.
HWMonitor, for example.
CAM...
CoreTemp...
etc.

Normally it's just about a few more Cº beyond your room temp

trickytommy

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

sorry, i might have given a rough composition. i meant if the temperatures would be good, under heavy multitasking, rendering, and gaming, i won't buy an aftermarket cooler, and i would go for the 270g ssd. but if it would be suffocating, i would buy an aftermarket cooler. see?

Yup but we need to know the temp idle and underload
what would be your Room Temp?
and how many fans are there in your PC

trickytommy

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

as i said, i have one fan in the case. i live on the 4th floor, at the top of my house, at summer, it is boiling hot, at winter, it is freezing cold, can't give accurate room temperatures. back in days, it was nearly (or more) than 40 C in my flat.

Have you downloaded the Hw monitor? what are your CPU temp?

trickytommy

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

Right now i don't have a good cooling, i am using a laptop, because my desktop just broke down. It is 5 years old, and since then, the cooler has not been maintained, - and i guess the paste has melted down since then. Right now it is 65-Celsius degrees, under google chrome. However the real temperature is not hot right now, its 25 C.

surya13

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I have an i5-6600 (non-K) running with the stock cooler at 3.6 GHz across 4 cores.

I live in India where the temperatuers may even reach 40°C.

Before undervolting, I'd get <95°C in prime85 and ~80′C in handbrake. Gaming temperatures can vary from 50-75°C.

After undervolting (-120mV), prime95 never exceeded 85°C. Further undervolting (-160mV), prime95 never exceeds 75°C.