Here are my specs

Windows 10
Geforce GTX 1070
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60 GHz 3.60 GHz
64-bit operating System, x64-based processor
ASUS Z270 Motherboard
Corsair 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black C14 2400MHz
Acer Predator 140hz 1ms response time

So I just bought a new gaming PC and I'm playing a wide variety of games on it. I'm playing a lot of Don't Starve, Team Fortress 2, and Crypt of the Necrodancer. All of these games my computer should be able to run flawlessly. It runs at a high frame rate but there are these small freezes that happen all the time. For example in Crypt of the Necrodancer it is 60fps most of the time, but it will often drop to 55fps and cause a small freeze. This happens in 95% of games regardless of the games system requirements. Not sure what the issue is, but I'm pretty bummed since I spent a lot on this rig. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Solution
Things you should check:
VSync could be an issue
Energy management set not to full performance on GPU (NVidia control panel) and CPU (energy options)
Personal experience but very rare to happen: WLAN and /or Bluetooth module driver caused stutters.
Antivirus or something else run in the background
Virus/malware/etc. are infecting your PC
Thermal throtelling on GPU and/or CPU
Simply badly optimized games e.g. Watchdog, Batman Arkham Knight, etc. There is nothing you can really do about these.

ummmm...
Which Acer Predator do you have? Is it really among those 144Hz monitors? If yes, why do I see only 60 fps in your post? Do you have anything else on your PC? e.g. frame limiter or sort off?

What vsync settings are you using?
Can you run the game until you encounter stuttering and post screenshot from MSI afterburner Hardware monitor window
(graphs: cpu usage/temp, gpu usage/temp, FPS) ?
It looks similar to this:
med_gallery_8505_849_24073.png

Things you should check:
VSync could be an issue
Energy management set not to full performance on GPU (NVidia control panel) and CPU (energy options)
Personal experience but very rare to happen: WLAN and /or Bluetooth module driver caused stutters.
Antivirus or something else run in the background
Virus/malware/etc. are infecting your PC
Thermal throtelling on GPU and/or CPU
Simply badly optimized games e.g. Watchdog, Batman Arkham Knight, etc. There is nothing you can really do about these.

ummmm...
Which Acer Predator do you have? Is it really among those 144Hz monitors? If yes, why do I see only 60 fps in your post? Do you have anything else on your PC? e.g. frame limiter or sort off?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS